Chapter 9: Information

Ciel's Point of View

The library here seems to have no exit because every wall here is covered with bookshelves. This place is hidden but here the immigrants are killed here. And I wonder, how did the people I saw get into it because before they got here, they had to get past the tribes that killed people. And does the suspect here have anything to do with this mansion?

I still have a lot to investigate about it. I can't rest now until I know who the criminal is. lizzy and I have a dangerous life here when we spend more time in this mansion.

"Master, are you all right? Suddenly you stopped we have to hurry. Someone is already dying here"

"Just hurry up and just show the way out" I shouted.

He pushed the bookshelf full of red books. There is a ladder up to the top. He suddenly disappeared like the wind. I know the way out so I'll continue looking for Lizzy. Sebastian also opened the door here before he disappeared.

I looked around. There are bookshelves on it and there is a table and chairs opposite the window. It is the same as the layout of my room in my mansion. The air was so cold that I closed the window. I left the room. I just saw this place now and I have not been to it since. Clearly here Sebastian probably lit the torches here. There is a candelabra ready here as well. The candle is already lit. I picked it up and walked away.

The floor was broken and it was just a wrong step and there was a possibility that I would fall. The floor here is made of wood.

I went up to the other floor. I noticed the open door with a light inside. I went to it and saw Sebastian and the man with a deep wound in the stomach.

"Master, did you find lady Elizabeth?" he asked with concern.

"I still can't find her until now but how's the condition of that man?"

"Master, this man is in good health. He is resting now" he answered to me and he cut the thread.

"Fine. Now, I'll order you to find Lizzy. I will stay here to ask questions to this man about the murder case here" I sat besides that man. Sebastian goes away.

The man next to me is still asleep. His other belongings were placed on top of the nightstand.

I looked at them. I first inspected his coat. I searched his right pocket and took its contents. A ring with a diamond. Inside it has an engraved design. The diamond is well cut. I can't be?

"Release the ring you are holding" he shouted and I was shocked because he was awake.

"Answer my question, did you steal this ring? When I found out it was owned by count goddhard who owns this mansion" I said.

He did not answer me because he was keeping a secret from me. Obvious in his appearance. I aimed my gun at him. "Answer my question or your wound will increase"

"I'm sorry, I can't answer your question. I don't know how that got to my coat. I only found out now because of you" he explained. I no longer point a gun at him.

" I see but I have still suspicions to you. Tell me more what happened before you stabbed and how you got to this place because you entered this place safely"

"I live in Corvus village. We live hard there. I am just a hunter. And one day a letter came to me. It was named after Albert Goddhard. He is the landlord of our village. I am sent to the mansion because he has something to say to me" he was trembling. Albert Goddhard? That's it. He's the one who wants to kills us on that village yesterday.

"What else is in the letter" I became little curious about what he was saying.

"A death treat. If I did not go, he would kill me. That is what the letter says." it grabbed his head and he was still trembling.

He continued telling me. "When I read the letter, someone immediately took my hand. He is bullying me. He said he wanted to come because it was exciting. I did not allow him. He forced me until I agreed. The next day, we left the village. There are four of us because he brought his friends. Together we traveled the dark forest.I was a little scared but my companions were brave and they boasted that they were not afraid.I could hear the tribes running around us. There were seven of them there and one of them started throwing the spear. We ran away from them. They chase us quickly. We immediately found a place to hide. We hid inside the giant tree. We covered the hole with a branch there. One of us fell but he was not hurt much. He saw something like a tunnel so we followed him. We turned on the lamp to have a light. We endured the heat there. An hour later we reached the border. We saw the stairs and there was a door upstairs. When we opened the door we saw the immense library. We toured that. I noticed a girl crying under a table. I immediately went to her and handed her my handkerchief. She told me we were leaving. She could not pronounce well but I understood what she meant.

I heard a loud shout from a friend who bullied me. I went in whichever direction I heard. There is a raised bookshelf there. I immediately entered the secret passage. One of us was swallowed up in fear so he did not go along. I forgot the lamp so I no longer knew where I was going next. I just felt like I had a stab in my stomach and while I was with him I could hear him running. I was knocked down. I feel so cold and trembling with fear. I pulled the knife out of my stomach. The floor got wet because of my blood leak. My vision is a bit dark. And suddenly there was light because of your arrival" he coughed blood.

I gave him a glass of water from the table.

I saw the peeking man with the black mask. It has an ax. I immediately took my gun and immediately took the man's hand so we could run. I will not call Sebastian first because I ordered him to look for Lizzy. I need to think quickly how we can get out of here.