Chapter 5: When Must You Go?

As midnight came so did a clearly tired Katya, Alexej however was nowhere to be seen.

"Кукла, you are, as they say, sight for sore eyes." The Russian stated with a smile as she saw Trixie at the reception.

For once Trixie wasn't wearing her work clothes, which most often consisted of a white shirt, a black pencil skirt, and black heels, instead she was wearing a matching pink plaid top and skirt which showed just the slightest hint of skin at the waist.

It had been ages since Trixie had any reason to dress up, and while she knew this was in no way a date, she really wanted to look her best.

Katya looked stunning of course, as she always did when the Russian pair went out to dinner. Tonight's choice slightly more daring, a figure hugging dress in black leather which featured a dip in the neckline.

 Tonight's choice slightly more daring, a figure hugging dress in black leather which featured a dip in the neckline

"You look beautiful." Katya said as Trixie walked around to the front of the reception, her outfit no longer hidden by the tall wood desk.

"Thanks, so do." Trixie replied. Katya frowned slightly which made Trixie look at her with confused eyes.

"Thank you, do not worry, it is not you. It is just, Alexej made me wear this and do some things that I am not proud of tonight. So, I feel little bit uncomfortable." Katya explained. Troxie looked at her in shock.

"What?" The Russian said confused when she saw the girl's expression.

"Nothing, you've just never opened up so much to me without me asking you multiple questions before." Trixie said as she took Katya's hand in her, letting the older woman lead them to her room. To Trixie's surprise a shy smile spread on Katya's features.

"Ah.. I suppose... how you say? I feel like sharing? For some strange reason, I feel I must tell you how I am doing and feeling. It scares me little bit because I think I might begin to trust you, and like I said before, people like me trust no one. But it is nice to talk to someone honestly for once." Katya explained before unlocking her door. Trixie tried to ignore how her heart skipped a beat at the comment, as she gently gave Katya's hand a comforting squeeze.

"I think it's nice to talk to you too." The brown eyed girl replied simply, which gained her a cute smile from the other woman.

Katya walked over to the minibar.

"You want drink? I went to famous Walmart earlier this week to buy alcohol because for some reason there is no bar here. And you know детка, you should really fix that, it is problem. Also did you know that there is no piano bar in the entire area? What sort of country is this? Also Walmart, very overrated." Katya said as she rummaged through the overpacked mini fridge. Trixie giggled a little at Katya's words, the woman's perspective on the world never seizing to amuse and fascinate her.

"A gin and tonic would be nice. And sorry, I haven't gotten a chance to get a bar up and running yet. You need a permit to serve alcohol, the entire bar area in the motel is still under reconstruction, and I also need someone to work it." Trixie explained to which Katya simply nodded as she mixed Trixie's drink and poured a shot of vodka for herself.

"Here you go." Katya said as she gave Trixie the tall glass.

"Thanks." She said as she sat down.
All the rooms were lightly furnished, a simple bathroom, a bed with a small table beside it, a desk, and a small table with two chairs beside it. It was cute, but simple.

"You do not wish to sit on bed?" Katya stated as she herself sat down, lightly patting the spot beside her. Trixie nervously made her way over, once again feeling the magnetic pull of the older woman.

Katya downed the shot, putting the glass on the floor in front of them before scooting closer to where Trixie sat. As the brown eyed girl sipped her drink, the Russian started to play with the girl's hair in a calming matter.

"You really are very beautiful, Trixie. It will be difficult to forget you." Katya said as she let her hand travel to the Trixie's chin, gently caressing the girl's cheek with her thumb. Trixie blushed before she felt her heart stop for a moment as she realised what the older woman had said.

"Wait, why would you need to forget me?" Trixie said with serious concern. Katya smiled a sorrowful smile, her eyes looking at the younger woman as if they were trying to capture every single one of her features.

"I wish I could say, but I can not, кукла." Katya said, her voice filled with pain. Trixie would have usually dropped the subject, accepting that Katya would bring a thousand questions and not a single answer, but  not this time.

"Are you leaving?" She asked, her eyes demanding an answer.

"I can not tell you." Katya replied with desperate eyes.

"That means yes." Trixie whispered under her breath, sadness filling her at the thought of how ordinary and bland her life would seem when the woman disappeared from it.

"Please, let us just have tonight. Tommorow is for worry. Not tonight." The Russian said as she placed a soft kiss on Trixie's cheek, making a small smile appear on the younger woman's lips.

"Please, just tonight, let me show you how you look in my eyes." Katya whispered in her ear before gently kissing right underneath it.

"Let me show you how beautiful you are." The Russian continued as she took Trixie's drink from her hand and placed it on the floor.

"Let me talk honest for one night." Katya's voice said in a broken tone as she pushed the girl down on the bed.

"Let me remember all of you, детка, before it will be too late." She whispered as she climbed on top of the girl, situating herself on Trixie's lap.

"Okay, we'll have tonight." Trixie replied, her lips attacked by the older woman's a moment later. The young girl sighing into their kiss as the older woman's hands touched her everywhere. Grasping onto the brown eyed girl like a lifeline whilst simultaneously holding her as if the young girl could break at any moment.

And Trixie felt as tho she really could.

What would she do now?
What would she do when she missed the heavenly feeling of Katya's lips on hers?
What would she do when Katya was gone?

Why did Katya leaving affect her so?