True to You

'months and a year later'

Devon

It's been a while, almost 18 months since Vee and I broke up

It's been a while, almost 18 months since Vee and I broke up. After trying to get back with her for months I figured that maybe loving someone meant wanting the best for them.

Wanting the best for them in the sense that you're willing to realise that maybe they're better off without you.

And honestly I wasn't being the best for her in that period, I hurt her in possibly the worst way I could. I made her loose herself when I promised to help her find herself.

I didn't even blame her though. I just wanted her to be happy.

So months and a year later of me trying to move on. I was still stuck on her,and I honestly wasn't surprised. I've done my fair share of searching this past year,but of course nothing I had with any other girl compared to what we had.

Maybe I'm stuck cos I know we were so good together. Cos I know I could've made it work for life. Cos I know I'm not ready to loose the love of my life because one second of weakness spiraled everything out of control. Cos I know there's so much more I want to experience with her.

I was sitting on the edge of my bed smoking a blunt as I stared at the city through the glass slides.

My iPhone read 14:11. At exactly 3 today my baby was finally graduating and I wasn't missing it for the world.

I haven't seen her in nearly two years and as much as life changed alot within our lives,a nigga was still hopeful that the love was still there. Some things can't simply be changed with time right?

I went into my closet and pulled out the MK suit out of the many that lined my walk in closet.

  I was a full blown business man now, running a few of my own business that I started this year and others I invested in. The money was good though, I moved out of my condo a few months ago and moved into a skyline apartment.

I guess loosing Vee gave me time to channel my energy into something I was really passionate about. She used to be my priority but I let business fill the void for me and the payoff was great, not better then having my queen in my life, but still it was really good. All i needed to do now is get her back and everything else will come second.

I headed to my room and got ready having only a few minutes to get there. After spraying my million perfume on, I looked in the mirror and man I looked like a chocolate brotha.