just me and you

I took the longest and most peaceful shower I've had in a while.

Walking to the sink I took off my shower cap, and placed it on the counter grabbing my phone in the process.

I shuffled my music and sang along as I oiled my body.

I was back at my place and it felt like I was learning to live my life all over again. Not only did I graduate from university and have absolutely nothing to do now except job hunt but Devon was back in my life.

I fluffed my curls out and left it at that. I had absolutely no plans and wanted to stay in bed the rest of the day.

My phone lit up and I looked at it with anticipation already having an idea

Devon :Get dressed in something light, I'll pick you up in 10.

Smiling I rolled my eyes and got dressed anyways, I put on a green and white tie died dress and left my hair as it was.

I put on my Zara perfume and decided against doing my make up.

I replied with a simple ok and walked into the kitchen to grab a water.

I sat on the counter for a while scrolling through Instagram before the doorbell rang.
I quickly stood up and walked to the door trying to hide the excitement on my face.

"Maurice?"
I asked genuinely confused at his presence and motioned for him to come in.

He walked in and I closed the door.

"How've you been? It's been a while without seeing my favorite patient."
He was leaning against the counter smiling at me.

I haven't seen him since my last appointment with him months ago.

When Devon and I broke up, there was alot of negative energy I needed to let go of. Maurice was my therapist and my safe haven for that period of my life.

He helped me gather my thoughts and gave me validation. I spend more time with him then I did with anyone else in that time. It was either I was with him or I was by myself.

That was until he started to show interest in me and I pulled away. I wanted to heal without distractions and he wasn't helping me do that anymore. So I stopped seeing him.

"Violet? "
He said, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, uhm I've been good. And you?"

"I've been okay. You look good though."
He was intently looking at me and I immediately began to feel uncomfortable.

"Thank you."
I simply said because I didn't know what else to say.

"I just wanted to see you though. I missed you."

I was searching for answers in my brain for what to say but thankfully the doorbell rang so I quickly went to open it.

I opened the door and Devon was standing there.

Thank God.
I thought as he looked at me and walked in.