An Unexpected Surprise

Marsh's POV:
Oh my marsh. I really should've had someone stay with me. With the elevator broken, I'll have to use the stairs. I sighed and went to the couch to sit down. I won't have to deal with that until later. Maybe I should just sleep on the couch? But my toothbrush and other stuff are upstairs. And so are the bathrooms with the showers. Looks like I do have to go up the stairs after all. I turned the TV on. The II group were probably almost at the campgrounds by now, and I didn't want to call them and make them turn around. I found a random TV show and started to watch it.

OJ's POV:
At the gas station, I got out of van with Paper. "We're just going to go buy some stuff real quick," I said. When we got in the store, I told Paper, "If anyone says something directed to me, just say that I'm sleeping." He nodded and asked, "Should I tell the guys behind us? They'll be able to see that you're not here." "Yeah, none of them are Salt," I replied. Paper laughed a bit and we bought some stuff. We both walked to the van and I pretended to go in the passenger's seat. Paper went in the driver's seat and whispered to Knife, Pickle, and Fan the plan. They nodded in understanding. I said, "Okay, onward to the camping grounds!" I said this to make them think I was back too. I carefully hid behind a gas tank and watched the van leave. But before it left, I saw Paper wink. I smiled and once the van left, I started walking back to Hotel OJ. It wasn't too far from here, so I wouldn't complain.

Marsh's POV:
Why did the elevator have to be broken now? Why couldn't it of been last week or next week? I sighed again. Then a random thought came to my head: I'm hungry. I got up and went to the pantry to get some food. I needed to find something I could make quickly. I didn't want to stand too long. The quickest food to make that I saw was some ramen noodles. I grabbed one, not bothering to read the label. I knew it was ramen from the shape of the container. After about eights minutes, they were ready. I poured them out into a bowl and got a fork. I sat down at the small table with my ramen. I could tell that it was really hot so I blew on it and waited for it to cool. After it was at a temperature I could tolerate, I wrapped some of the noodles around my fork. I ate what was on my fork. It only took a few seconds for me to realize that these were the spicy ramen. EXTREMELY SPICY. I gasped and dropped my fork on the floor. Then I started using my hand to fan my mouth. That didn't work so I got up and had to use my crutches to get to the cups. Then I had to use them to get all the way to the fridge and poured some water. I drank an entire glass before I was okay. I went back and took the fork I had dropped on the floor and tossed it in the sink. I looked at my ramen noodles. I don't want them to go to waste. If someone else were here, they would be able to eat them because none of my saliva got in the noodles. But who's gonna eat 3 day old ramen noodles? I asked myself. I shook my head and tried to pick up the bowl. But I knew I couldn't do it. If it were empty I could. I wouldn't have to worry about spilling. But this was full of ramen noodles. And it was almost full to the brim. I sighed and just left it on the table. Someone will just have to put them away for me when they all get back.

OJ's POV:
Okay, I'm almost at Hotel OJ. It's just down the road. After about another three minutes, I reached the hotel. I looked at my watch. 1:15 I thought to myself. Marsh must be starving. I reached for the handle on the front door but it wouldn't move. I face-palmed myself. Of course Marsh would have locked the door. Being alone for three days when the hotel's normally full of people is kinda creepy. I rang the doorbell, waiting for Marsh to answer. Then I had a thought. What if Marsh hurt herself and can't answer the door?! She could have fallen with no way to get help! I started to worry but then my worries subsided when I heard the door unlock.

When OJ rang the doorbell earlier...

Marsh's POV (her POV is told a lot this chapter):
While I was watching some more TV, I heard the doorbell ring. Probably just the mail, I thought to myself. Then it rang again. I sighed and got up. I carefully made my way to the door. When I got there, I unlocked the door. Then I opened the door. And who I saw standing at the door surprised me. There OJ was, standing right in front of me. "OJ? What are you doing here?" I asked, then looked at the driveway. "Where's the van?" I also asked. "Hm, probably at the campgrounds by now," he answered. "But why aren't you driving it?" I asked. "Paper's driving now. We stopped at the gas station and I walked back here," he explained. "But, why?" I asked with a confused look. "Well, with the elevator broken, you're gonna have a tough time getting up and down the stairs," he said. He practically read my thoughts! I thought to myself. "And you'll need some help getting other things too. Like food," he continued. "I see," I said. "But, you didn't have to skip the II camping trip for me." "Marsh, you're more important to me than a camping trip. I don't want you to hurt yourself even more," he said. These words made my heart skip a beat. I moved out of the way so OJ could come in the hotel. He walked in and went to the kitchen. "I'm guessing you're hungry?" he asked. I nodded. Then he saw the ramen on the table. "You were making yourself some ramen noodles?" he asked. "Yep," I replied. "It doesn't look like you've eaten them," he said. "I only took one bite. They were the extra spicy kind," I explained. "Ah. Too spicy for you?" he asked. I nodded again. He smiled. "Looks like I know what my lunch is today," he said with a laugh. I smiled. "Here, I'll make some mild ramen for you," he said. "Okay. Thanks," I replied.

OJ's POV:
"No problem," I said. She sat down at the table. I found the mild ramen and started to make it. I'm not the most experienced cook but I can make a lot of stuff. After the ramen was ready, I walked to Marsh to give her the ramen. "Thank you," she said. "You're most welcome madam," I said to be funny. She giggled a bit and started to blow on her ramen. I smiled and sat down next to her. I started to eat the extra spicy ramen. Geez, Marsh wasn't kidding. This is really spicy! I thought to myself. "Is that a jalapeño pepper?" I said quietly while looking at the item on my fork. "I think so," she answered. I didn't even realized she heard me. "It might not be though. Why would there be a jalapeño pepper in here anyway?" I asked. "True," she said. Then I made one of the worst mistakes in my life. I put the mystery item in my mouth. I had only chewed it for 3 seconds and my mouth felt like it was on fire. "Yup," I said while nearly choking. "It's a jalapeño pepper," I continued in between coughs. I rushed to get some water. Marsh just looked at me with a worried look on her face. "Are you okay?" she asked me. I nodded as I drank a glass of water. Finally I was okay. "Never eating jalapeños again," I said jokingly. I could eat small pieces of jalapeño but the piece I just ate was huge. Almost the entire pepper. Marsh laughs a bit, knowing I was okay. I ate the rest of the ramen (taking only small bites of the jalapeños) and dumped the rest of the broth in the sink. I dumped the broth from Marsh's ramen too. She then got up and went to the couch. I followed her and sat down. "So, whatcha wanna do now?" I asked. "We could watch some TV series if you want," she replied. I nodded my head and asked her which one. "Attack on Objects? (A/N: This one's for you agscribit and you know it!)" she suggested. "Sure!" I replied, finding the show. I hadn't watched Attack on Objects before and neither had Marsh. "Just make sure to do the subbed version. The dubbed version is odd I hear....." Marsh told me. "Okay," I said with a laugh. I found all of Attack on Objects and we started our Attack on Objects marathon.

A/N: Hi! I dunno what I should call you guys... You know, how some people give their readers a name like "Jellybeans" or something like like (I know I've heard that one I just don't remember who it was...") Anyway, comment on what I should call you guys! Vote and comment and thanks for reading!