.3.

-----

-----

"we've failed all day." kijiko brings up quietly. her and karma were sitting at the edge of a cliff, kijiko swinging her legs back and forth dejectedly.

'i'm so-'

"you're not stupid." karma interrupts her thoughts, startling her slightly. he looks at her knowingly, having already memorized all her facial expressions. she nods slightly, deciding not to put up a fight.

"kijiko? karma? what are you guys doing out here?" the twins simultaneously turn their heads towards the blunette. karma kept a blank face, but kijiko's brightened slightly.

"ah, nagisa! we're just getting some fresh air. you know how us akabane's feel about being failures." she half-heartedly laughs, tears forming in her eyes.

"well maybe if we helped you-"

"we don't need your help!" karma interrupts, finally snapping. "we've always done things on our own, that's not going to change just cause you think we're not capable!"

"karma, calm down." kijiko tries to intervene.

"yeah karma, calm down." the twins both tense when they hear their teacher's voice, turning their heads to look at him. "you know, if you haven't had enough yet, i still have some grooming left in me. i might start with kijiko's hair again, how does it get so frizzy so easily?"

"hey teach, you would do anything to protect your students right?" karma asks the octopus, who looks at him confused before answering.

"anything and everything. why?" kijiko caught on quick and grabbed her brothers hand tightly, and he grabbed it with just as much force.

"even protect them with you life?" she questions quietly, slightly nervous with what they were about to do.

"yes." koro-sensei nods. nagisa looks at the two in worry, wondering what is going on inside their minds.

"perfect." the two say in unison. looking at each other, they give a nod and karma pulls out his anti-bb gun, pointing it right in front of them. "it's your time to shine."

and with that, they mean backwards.

"kijiko! karma! koro-sensei! save them! save her!"

-----

"agh! s-stop! it hurts!" a young kijiko akabane, no older than five, was on the ground. she was surrounded by people her and her brother trusted. she was surrounded by people she thought were her friends. "why are you doing this?"

"cause some people need to be taught a lesson. especially stupid brats like you." one sneered, nakahi was his name, she trusted him most.

"d-don't make me call for my brother!" she tried to threaten, though the group only found it funny as they continued to beat her on the ground.

"your brother isn't coming, sweatheart." more years well in her eyes, and just as they spill, she screams out as a last resort.

"karma!!!" she yells, though quickly yelps as she's kicked in the stomach.

"shut up, brat!" nakahi threatened, unaware of who was rounding the corner.

"you called kijiko... oh. i see. hm. you guys must have a death wish. for i see your hands, on my sister, and her bleeding." kijiko smiles lightly as she sees karma, knowing he's going to save her. like he always does. "kijiko, close your eyes and ears."

she does as he says, though she can still some of what is happening.

"k-karma-kun! we're just playing around like always! w-wait, s-stop. that h-hurts!" nakahi started yelling out in pain.

back at their house, karma and kijiko were in the bathroom. kijiko was sitting on the counter as karma cleaned her wounds.

"this is what i get for being so trusting huh? i guess i am stupid." kijiko sighs dejectedly.

"you're not stupid, i trusted them too. i guess that goes to show that it's only me and you against the world huh?"

"just you and me?"

-----