Chapter 1- Last Note

This story has been majorly edited

~~1~~

Isabella P.O.V

*Contains abuse*

I lay there while he kept beating even after all the begging for him to stop it just seemed that it wasn't enough.

"If it wasn't for your stupid piano performance then she would have still been here, it's all your fault!" My stepdad screamed at me.

He always gave me a daily reminder of why everything is like this, he's not wrong it is my fault that my mom died. If I just didn't pressure her to come to my piano performance then she would've still been here.

*Flashback*

"Mom! Mom! I have my piano performance in 2 days." 5 year old me was jumping up down excited to see mom coming back from work.

"Really sweetheart, that's amazing! I can't wait to see you perform." Just then my stepdad came from the back door after taking a smoke going toward my mom giving her a kiss on her lips.

"Hey honey, how was work not too tiring, right?" I never like him he always gives me dirty looks and say a lot of bad words to me when moms not home.

"No honey it was alright, I couldn't wait to come home and see the both of you." Mom says while giving kisses him on the cheek.

"Did you here about Isabellas piano performance? I just know she'll do great!" Mom said making me give her my biggest smile.

"Well then let's head to the kitchen for some pasta, yeah?" My mom said with a knowing smile. That one sentence had me running to the kitchen. I sat my bum on the chair eagerly waiting for moms yummy pasta.

*2 days later*(day of the performance)*

"Mom your coming today right?" Mom gave me a sad smile one that I was already familiar with.

"Tesoro, mama non può farcela, ho molto lavoro da fare." I frowned, I know when she switches language it means it's serious but she never comes to most of them.
^Sweetheart, mama can't make it, I have a lot of work to do

"Ma mamma me I'hai promesso!"
(But mom you promised) Mommy promised! She's always does this. She never come to most of the other ones and this time I was going play the tune that mom loves.

"Ti prego, tesoro, capisci che non posso-"
(Please honey, understand I can't-)

"NO, NON E' GIUSTO! NON VIENI MAI NEMMENO AGLI ALTRI!"
(NO ITS NOT FAIR YOU NEVER COME TO THE OTHER ONES) I ran to my room and locked the door.

Why can't mom make time for me? She's always making stupid excuses and uses that baby voice on me when she can't come to any of my lessons or performances.

*Third person P.O.V*

Isabella was still mad at her mom but deep down she knew it wasn't her moms fault and felt bad for lashing out her. Her step dad had dropped her to her lessons

Isabella went to her class and started practicing for her performance. Time was passing by and her time to shine was coming but the little girl wasn't as happy as she was supposed to be she wanted her mom to here.

The little girl went on stage applauses and cheering filled her ears as she looked at the crowd looking for a speical someone but they weren't there. She sat on the piano chair and put her little fingers on the keys and started playing.

She always liked playing the piano, she alway felt connected to the piano. Her little fingers gracefully pressed on each keys as she put her heart into the melody. Even if her mom wasn't here she somehow hoped the melody would reach her even if she wasn't in the crowd.

While the melody was being played her mother was on her way to see her little girls performance speeding to make sure she can make it in time. As the melody was being played her mother was driving to the school. The melody was coming to it's final parts, her mother was almost there she made a sharp turn not seeing the car ahead causing a unfortunate accident. People yelling and screaming ambulances coming into sight as they pick up the little girls mom telling her to hold on while being placed into the ambulance and rushed to the hospital. The melody was coming to a end so was her mother's heart beat as the last note had taken place her mother had passed.

*Flashback Over*

One last punch in the guts and he stopped not before spiting on me. I just laid there sprawled out on the cold floor. My heart ached at the thought of mom. Sometime after laying there I finally got the strength to get up using the support of the table beside me and just barely pulled myself off the floor.

Slowly and painfully I made it to my room I wouldn't really call it the most cozy room ever in fact it far from that. My room basically just had a small bed mattress with a small pillow and a thin blanket just enough to cover me. There was a small table with drawers and mirror then a window.

It's actually not that bad; it's like my own little cocoon. Even with all the horrible things that have happened in here it still makes me feel safe to have my own little den.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I was an average looking person except for the fact that I have a few minor cuts on my face, thankfully no black eyes or bruises forming on my cheek.

I have blue eyes and thick long brown hair, I have tan skin unlike my mom in-fact I look nothing like my mom. My mom was beautiful she had nice short blond hair, green eyes and beautiful pale skin. I looked nothing like her though she always told me I had her kind heart and forgiving soul. I always smile at that memory.

I cleaned my wound and put some bandages on. I know the ones I got today would leave a scar but I didn't care to much about I already had scars that littered my body these were nothing new. After cleaning myself up I changed into leggings and a shirt and with all the exhaustion, I fell asleep quick.

_________________

My first book and First chapter not that good and short( ̄▽ ̄)

This took me so long to edit because of the cringe I couldn't even read over one paragraph without closing the tab.

[Sept-07-20]

{Edited: Dec-15-21}