Chaper 4- Take off

~~4~~

Isabella POV

I nervously went to the door and opened it. I was surprised when I saw two police men.

"Isabella Smith?" The cop on the left states.

"Yes?" I answer quietly. The officer gave the other officer a small frown then turned back to me.

"Isabella, We are sorry you have to go through this but your stepfather has passed away due to a car accident and died on impact." The officer says with sympathy.

It's like all of a sudden the world froze. No, this couldn't be. Not that easily I needed to hear it again to make sure my ear aren't playing tricks on me.

"W-what?" He held a sad expression.

"Your stepfather has passed away, we have to take you to the police station. Can please follow us to the car?" He repeats sadly.

I nod slowly, my eyes on the floor not bothering to look up.

Is he actually gone?

---------

Before I knew it, I was sitting in a chair waiting for a social worker to come get me. I still couldn't believe it, he was DEAD. A small smile tugged out from me.

I started crying not because I was sad but tears of a huge weight that was finally lifted off me.

"Isabella?" A beautiful lady was in front of me. I looked up, she had a irradiated look on her face.

"Yes?"

"Well then let's get straight to the point I'm your social worker and I used my precious time to find some people that would want to take you." She says bluntly." So let's quickly moving. You have to pack you'll leaving in a few hour get up!"

What the hell went up her ass, maybe she hasn't got laid yet she probably fooled everybody with a body like that but scared them off with her bitchy attitude.

"What was that!"

Shít! Did I say that out loud?

"Listen here bitch! I'm being nice and looking for people to take you in. I'm wasting my time on shit like you when I could've been doing something better!"

"S-sorry"

She gave me a nasty scowl and started driving to my house.

--------

I was packing my little clothing in a huge suitcase that was too big. I barely had any clothes so it didn't fill the suitcase. I went into the attic and grabbed some of mom's jewellery and a few pairs of clothes.

I went back to my room and put my sketchbooks and a photograph of me and mom of when I did my first piano performance. I smiled as I put the frame safely in the suitcase. Then I grabbed my school bag and put the first aid kit in there, a sketchbook, pencil, eraser and a book.

I was about to leave when I remembered something important. I ran back to my room and grabbed a small box from the drawer. It was for Aliyah, I planned to give it on her birthday but I won't be there. I'll just hope I'll be able to give on the way there.

I got out of the house and sat down in the back seat. Once I sat she started driving. I mustered up the courage to ask if we could stop by Aliyah house, surprisingly she said yes.

I dashed out of the car and went to the door and rang the bell. Aliyahs dad opened the door, he looked surprised to see me. I guess he would it's like 10pm.

"Hii Mr.Wang, is Aliyah awake?" I asked in a rush.

"Yes is everything alright?" he looked a bit concerned and let me in the house. Aliyah came running to me.

"Hey Iz, is everything alright?"

"I don't have time to explain but I wanted to give you this. I was supposed to give it on your birthday but...." It was a half heart with an cursive 'A' on it while I had the other half of the heart with an 'I' on it so when the two come together it makes a full heart with our initials together.

I had found it when I went to get groceries and saw a man selling half hearts that connect with different letters on them. Curious, I went to check it out and ended up buying the ones I have right now they were actually quite cheap, just a dollar for each half heart.

Aliyah looked at her part of the necklace for a while then looked and me with glossy eyes,

"Where are you going, you're coming back right?" She asked in a verge of tears. I was about to cry too, I was gonna leave my best friend that had been with me forever, my life support and to part with her was heartbreaking.

She is my only friend and her family is like family to me. They've been with me for so long and I don't wanna leave them.

"I'll be back ok" I really didn't want to leave. But I'm finally free and maybe I could start over.

"Wherever you're going you better call and text me everyday, promise?" She sniffles

"Promise." With that we made a pinky promise and hugged for a long time.

We both turned our heads to the sound of a camera going off and saw Aliyah mom had just taken a picture of us. She smiled innocently at us holding up the picture.

After that I left giving everyone a hug and telling them how much I'm going to miss them. Aliyahs mom had given me some cookies that they had just made as a farewell gift.

I sat in the car with my head down. I was gonna miss them a lot.

"Took you long enough." she glared.

----------

I was standing in front of my flight gate where the social worker(who's name I didn't get) dropped me at the airport. I had given my luggage to the flight workers and a flight attendant had guided me into the plane.

I was expecting to be in an economy class flight but instead I was waiting in front of a business class flight gate. To be honest I was a nervous wreck.

The flight attendants were guiding me to my seat which was very elite, almost too elite for someone like me.

I've never sat on something so expensive as the leather seat I was brought to and the side table was marbled with gold flakes. Sometime later the announcement when off on how we were about to we were take off.

I've never been on a plane and my whole body responded by going into panic mode and to top it off I was alone. I curled myself and a ball and clamped my eyes shut. For what felt like hours the plane was in the air and I managed to calm down.

It finally dawned to me that I was going off to a new place with new people. I left my best friend and my stepdad is actually gone.

I'll be able to start a new life, right?

____________

[Sept-07-20]

Dec-15-21