Chapter 1

Dante Pov

Dante: Great! One last root and the Qliphoth should be timber.

Vergil: Indeed, but before we could reach it.

He gestures at the largest demon horde we've faced yet... Well not really but eh.

Dante: welp. The better we dice'em the faster we finish this. First to get a hundred more kills gets his food paid for?

Virgil rolled his eyes but went to his stance.

Vergil: Then as the older brother, I was my meal free.

He immediately charged at the horde.

Dante: woah there snowflake! Like I'd hella let you!

Summoning Cavalier. I turned every demon on my path road kill.

Dante: woohoo!

Splitting Cavalier, I spun in a circle with Trickster style to increase the speed of my spin and dash around to get as many more as possible.

Dante: are you keeping up old man?!

Vergil: I should be the one saying that to you, it wasn't I who went on hibernation. And unlike you, with me being split it half, my chronological aging was halted since I'm not me that whole time.

I chuckled as I cut a in half with Cavalier.

Dante: I wanted an answer not a lecture!

Virgil: either way I answered you didn't I?

I rolled my eyes at him.

Dante: smartass.

With that, we continued to slaughter the lesser demons and oh boy it was fun. Honestly, could get used to this rather than both of us trying to cut each other's throat open.

Dante: and that's one last kill for me, so. Pay up old man.

Vergil sheathed Yamato and walks towards me.

Virgil: I believe it is my win Little Brother.

I smirked cockily.

Dante: Hey hey, who taught you how to count?

Virgil: not you if that's what you're looking for.

Dante: ooooh that's a new one.

He sighs and flicked his head towards the last Qliphoth root and raised a brow at me.

Dante: yeah yeah, I didn't forget.

With my Namesake Sword, I cleanly sliced through the root and the Qliphoth started to crumble and fall... Which sadly also includes the platform we are standing on.

Dante: After you.

He rolled his eyes and opened a portal. He went in first and as soon as I followed however, the portal flickered and instead of the usual blue aura, now it's purple with red.

Dante: oh... That's not good at all.

With that... I ran right through the portal unable to stop thanks to my momentum.

Time skip, Enterprise Pov

Enterprise: so... It's all over.

I said to myself as I once more gaze upon the vast ocean.

Belfast: Hardly, Lady Enterprise. With how the Sirens operate, I doubt they'll stop.

I turned around to find Belfast slowly walking next to me.