Chapter 11: Maybe?

Caroline's POV

It's been a few days ever since the incident. Dylan doesn't even stay at the lake house. He went back home. Dylan doesn't care about me anymore I guess. He now posts a bunch of things with Maddie. Then he unfollowed me. I was only the second choice.

So far, this trip hasn't been the best. And the worst part is I haven't been talking to Erin or Louis. It's hard. They're my best friends and I can't even talk to them. They did ruin everything in truth or dare. I really want to talk to them about how I feel. But I'm guessing they don't want to talk to me.

Jayden hasn't been very helpful. But she really isn't at all. She doesn't talk to anybody. She stays in her room all the time. Like every hour. But I want to talk to her about it. I wanna hear her part of the story. She seems to know something. She might know something. So I decided that I'm going to talk to her.

I go up the stairs (where her room is) and try to find Jayden. She's sitting on the bed, writing in her notebook. She looks at me.

"Hi?" She says.

"Hi" I say.

"What do you want?"

"I want the truth" I say, "Why do you hate me?"

"I never said I did"

"But it's pretty obvious you do, Jayden"

"Okay fine. Do you really want to know?" I nod.

"Me and Dylan dated" What? I was in shock. They were dating? Seriously?

"Wait actually?"

"Yeah for like a month" She sighs, "But then he like you too much.. So he broke up with me".

"I'm so sorry. I never wanted this to happen"

"It's all good. But I saw him kiss you on the forehead and freaked out. So I did it. I'm sorry I know it is wrong" Jayden says with a sigh.

I give a little smile, "It's okay".

"But how did you find out?" I asked. She pulled out her phone and played a video. She handed me it.

THE VIDEO
Maddie: M
Dylan: D

Dylan snuck out of the house and saw Maddie. She gave him a hug and kissed her on the forehead.

D: Hi
M: Hi!
D: We need to talk.

It was the night we became a boyfriend and girlfriend.

M: Are you breaking up with me?

She was about to cry. Dylan started to stutter.

D: No.. I'm not.
M: Ok good. I love you!
D: I love you too.

Dylan kisses her and then he ran back into the house and sat where I found him that night and asked him what was wrong.

I was the side chick. Dylan cheated on Maddie. For me.I guess it's the best thing I could do you know? Maybe he would've cheated on me too? Maybe?