Chapter 13: Making Things Right

Dylan's POV

I went into the bathroom. Just to avoid her. Caroline. A girl who I always wanted to be with. I wanted to be around her. But she's done with me. And I'm a total wussy for not breaking up with Maddie.

"Hey Dyl? Are you still in here?" Erin asks. I'm in a stall hiding. If she finds me, I'm going to seriously cry.

"I see your feet by the way" She says. Erin tries to open the door.

"Please don't come in"

"Why are you crying? Damn Dylan you're a total dumbo"

"No I'm not" I laugh.

"Um okay? Are you okay?"

"Yeah I guess"

"Okay good. Meet us outside when you're ready" Erin says. I hear her leave. And then I hear the door open again.

"Hi Dylan" It was Caroline. I stayed quiet, even if  I was kinda happy to know she was here. Even if I was mad with her.

"Look, I know that you're mad at me. And I'm sorry I was being kinda mean. But really it wasn't my fault that you locked me out- But I'm sorry"

I get out of the stall. And lean against the wall across from her.

"It's okay I guess"

"But I'm confused. Why'd you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Shut the door on me"

"I just don't want to have any drama. So I guess the best thing was to shut you out"

" Oh.." She started fiddling with her scrunchie on her wrist. Then I remembered. Even if she doesn't want me, I still really like her. And I shouldn't be negative about it.

"I'm sorry too. About everything. About lying. And acting all dramatic"

"It's ok.. So.. Can we be friends again?" She asks. I nod and give her a hug. We walk out of the bathroom with my arm around her.

Erin, Louis, and Jayden we're outside. Jayden actually looked pretty fine with us. She wasn't acting all jealous. She was.. smiling.

"Soooo.. Are you guys dating again?" Erin asks.

"No.. We are just friends. It's- We're only friends" Caroline says.

Right.. We're only friends. Damn. I made a mistake. I'm going to get her back.