♥PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE

I am a girl. Quite a normal one, if I do say so for myself.

I mean, it's normal to get bullied by your clan and abused by your family, right?

Right.

I remember, whenever I was getting beaten, I would always ask myself: if I was gone, who would cry? Who would know? If I just suddenly disappear, why would anybody actually care?

Answer to all? No one would care. Why would they? There would be no reason to look after me. So I didn't fight. I didn't get up and run away from those angry fists and taunts. No. I let them beat me up. I let them, because it was the only thing I could control. They could pound me, push, kick, choke, and pinch, but they wouldn't get the amusement of seeing me cower. No adults around the area tried to stop the kids as I cried either.

Oh, sure. There were some people who did care, and I truly knew that they did care for me, but where were they whenever I was caught up in trouble? Not with me, for all I cared. As for the others, the bystanders...

They stared at me with distaste and regrets.

They whispered things about me. They called me shameful, useless, stupid, annoying, selfish, and most of all, a fake. Why is that I wonder. Why would they do this to me? Cause, I don't know if they know, but it hurts.

Even ma and pa has left my side for good. They made sure to take their precious son, my brother Yoko, away from the glares, that were directed- chucked at me.

All around me, people degraded me with harsh words and feelings of hatred. And I, the confused and fragile girl I was, started to believe any harsh words thrown at me.

Each blow to my body, each hurtful word twisted into chants, I kept them.

As...

As a memory.

It was to remind myself that it was okay not to trust, it was okay not to have friends -everyone was (my uneducated mind supplies here) bad guys, save a few-. It was okay to disappear. They wouldn't care. I kept that in mind in case for times of unbearable moments. It was a thin thread of hope, however, that kept me going. Those few people who did care, kept me going. The wind, the sun, the nature around me, and everything innocent and good kept me going.

Who is this girl who has dealt with this at the mere age of 6?

Tsukiko Hoshi. Night star.

This is who I am.

_____________________

03/01/2014 (mm/dd/yyyy)- So, I've edited and updated the prologue. *wipes sweat away* Whoo. So many mistakes. Much to fix. Words to glare at. Vocabulary that won't work with me. More groans.

On to editing the rest. Wish me luck? Aha. *Flips table*

xoxo

Sam