Chapter II

"Sign this."

"What is this?" Chung-Ae looked at her mother suspiciously.

"I want you and the runt out of this house by five o'clock. I'm disowning both of you and I am making you his guardian. I will allow you to make a few calls and pack the things you will need. I will sell the rest of your shit when you are gone. I am also going to sell the house as well. If you aren't gone with your brother by five I will have you arrested. These papers signify that you two disgraces aren't my responsibility and he is your's now. You will be his guardian."

Chung-Ae's mouth dropped open at what was dropped in front of her. Her mother's signature was already on the papers, now it was just her name that needed to be signed. It was the perfect opportunity for her to leave with him, but she was sad that it had to end this way. She was enraged that her mother had called her brother a disgrace and a runt, but soon she wouldn't have to deal with her mother anymore. There was a copy for both of them, as well as one that went to a courthouse for reference. She signed all three papers, and went to her room not saying a word to her mother, only bringing her copy.

Running up stairs she had four and a half hours to call the landlord in Daejoon, get a hotel if need be, explain things to her brother, and get both of them packed.

"Hey baby, can you go and pick out five of your favorite toys please, and grab all of your bathroom things please? Set them on your bed. I'll come in in a bit and explain what's going on okay?"

"Okay Noona!" He rushed out of the room, down the hall to his room.

She quickly found her folder with everything important inside and put it in the bottom of her suitcase. She packed her clothes which consisted of two big sweatshirts, five plaid shirts, ten spaghetti strap tank tops, two pajama sets, three pairs of jeans, five regular t-shirts, her undergarments, and about eight pairs of socks. She then put her chrome book inside, as well as her brush, toothbrush, several hair ties and headbands. She also added in her raincoat, and her tennis shoes.

She grabbed a backpack of hers and paced in about five of her favorite books, two thick notebooks, and a stuffie her father had gotten her before he left.

She quickly shed her uniform, and pulled on another pair of jeans, a t-shirt, and a thin sweatshirt. She also pulled on a pair of black boots that went up to her knees.

She grabbed her headphones, a few pencils, and her only jewelry, which was a necklace, two pairs of earrings, a cheap watch, and a bracelet. She also packed her one tube of lipgloss, and an office outfit she had stolen from her mother into the bag. She also grabbed her camera, a cheap one that her father had gotten her for her tenth birthday.

She also grabbed a duffle bag to fold up the two blankets on her bed, her larger than average pillow, and her coat. Chung-Ae grabbed a twin size sheet set as well squeezing it in the duffle bag.

She placed all three bags by the door, and walked into her brother's room.

"Hey bub, did you do as I asked?" She set herself on his bed.

"Yes Noona, I picked out coloring books, colored pencils, two stuffies, and two of my favorite books!" He smiled up at her, catching her off guard at his next question. "Are we leaving here for good?"

"How do you know that?"

"Well you left your chromebook open the other day, and when I saw it I locked it so that mom wouldn't snoop if she found it." He gave Chung-Ae the biggest smile, and she didn't even have the heart to scold him.

She stood up and went to his closet. She grabbed three big sweatshirts for him, ten t-shirts, three pairs of jeans, three undershirts, three long sleeve shirts, his underwear and his socks. She also packed in one of his fluffy blankets, and his books and coloring books.