Chapter IV

The videos and audios were all posted on social media, and pretty soon her face and voice would be trending all over South Korea.

Chung-Ae rested her head on the window of the train, as her brother slept on her lap. Her mind swirled with thoughts, and her eyes were heavy with tiredness.

Her shoulders carried the weight of two worlds, and her dreams that would never come true. It was a sacrifice that she wholeheartedly made, she would make the same choice a million times if it meant that her brother could chase his own dreams. She hoped that the job she had her eyes on was still hiring, and that Myung would be accepted in the school that was nearby. There was so much going on in her mind, and the same worries kept on repeating themselves. Would the bank allow her to move their accounts to Daejeon, and would she be able to put some money in his account every month and keep it going? Would her mother be okay on her own? What if nothing worked out, would they have to move again? Would the job that she got support both of them? Would she even get the job?"

She shook her head as the thoughts in her head went from whispers, to talking, to yelling, and then screaming. "Holy crap." She rubbed her forehead, and the voices got even louder. She started to hum, hoping that it silenced her thoughts, but it only quieted them a little. She thought frantically of a song that would calm her mind, and she remembered a song she'd heard when she'd listen to country music a week ago, and she'd memorized it after she'd looked it up on YouTube. It was My Day by Danielle Bradbury, and it was a great song to shut up her mind with.

"Like a lotus flower growing in the dirt

Ain't nobody ever notice what it's worth

Til the sun shines and the rain fall

In no time at all it's beautiful

This is my day, this is my day

Ohhhh, won't let it slip away

Oh, waiting for these changes to say, this is my day

There's a voice inside that trying to be heard, hmmm

And it's echoing across the universe

If you listen, it'll lead you to that place you've always been running to

This is my day, this is my day

Ohhhh, won't let it slip away

Oh, waiting for these changes to say, this is my day

I always saw it coming

A little light behind the clouds

This is the start of something

My heart believes it now

This is my day, this is my day

Oh won't let it slip away

Oh this is my day, this is my day

Oh, won't let it slip away

Oh, waiting for these changes to say, this is my day

This is my day, this is my day, ohhh

Like a lotus flower growing in the dirt."

With that Chung-Ae's thoughts were silenced, and her mind was put at ease. Again, the passengers in the train car felt her emotion, and listened to her voice. This time though, her singing was quieter, but held a lot of power to it as well. This time the people on the train gave her privacy, as they could tell that she had a lot on her mind, and they already put her and her voice out on the internet without her permission. Of course no one knew her identity, as she had on a mask, sunglasses and a mask, but also because her voice wasn't like any others voices, as her singing voice changed a little with each song she sung, including the ones that she wrote herself. The thing was that her voice didn't match any current female voices, and she was shorter than most female artists anyways. Standing at 154.94 centimeters, she was pretty short.