Chapter VIII

"I'll think about it and I will get back to you soon." Chung-Ae bowed goodbye, and Kwang-Sun narrowed his eyes as he watched the three leave, the last one throwing several glances back at Chung-Ae.

"What is he talking about Chung-Ae?" Kwang-Sun turned his attention to her.

"Well, this is not the proper place to talk about this. Why don't you go get a snack, then we'll talk in my apartment when we get done with my shift. It's just about dinner rush, and I don't want to get roped into helping again today." Chung-Ae pressed a kiss to Myung's forehead. "Why don't you go with Kwang-Sun and get something to eat yeah? I'll order some takeout for us on the way home, maybe even fried chicken." She gave her brother a conspirator grin.

"Alright, Noona!" Myung grabbed Kwang-Sun's big hand and tugged him out of the room, towards the front table that she was sitting in earlier, recognizing the notebook on top as hers.

Chung-Ae finished cleaning up the tables, and pushed the cart back to the kitchen area, erasing the mark on the tables, so they know that the tables were free again. She went back and wiped down the grills, and pushed in all the chairs. She went and swiped her card, clocking out, and making her way to the kitchens.

Chung-Ae knocked on the door of the kitchens, poking her head in the about to be very busy kitchens. "Hey Junghwa, would you kindly start up a large order of fried chicken for me, please? Since I was covering a shift I don't have any dinner for tonight ready."

Junghwa turned around, "Sure just make sure to punch in your order, and put it under your name so that it comes out of your paycheck."

"You and Jisung are welcome to come to see Myung and Kwang-Sun if you like, we're all going to be sitting at my usual table while we wait."

He smiled wide, "Yeah we'll bring you the food. I'm assuming it's to go?"

"Yes, I'll be making rice and stirfry vegetables to go with it." Chung-Ae smiled back. "Sorry for making you do this right before rush hour, but I wanted to get out of here before that happened."

"It's once again not a problem." He chuckled, his deep voice carrying about the room. "We have this same conversation every time you cover an afternoon shift."

"We do, but I still feel like I should apologize, well I'll go punch in my order real quick, and you guys can just bring it to the table once it's done." Chung-Ae gave a small wave, before exiting the kitchen.

"Whoever she chooses as a partner later in life will be one lucky son of a gun," Junghwa muttered to himself as he finished prepping the chicken.

Chung-Ae finished punching in her order, making sure that she got her employee discount, before rushing over to her normal table. Myung was on his knees, dipping his fries into his ketchup, as the table was too high above the booth for him. Kwang-Sun was sipping on a soda, probably a Cherry Coke, knowing him. She sat down next to them and they chatted for a bit, as employees that knew Myung stopped and said hello.

"Hey Myung, how are you doing?" Jisung appeared at the table, giving Kwang-Sun a handshake, and Myung a high-five.

"Good, how are you hyungie?" Myung gave him a toothy smile, one that won the hearts of many at first sight.

"I'm good too!" He slid into the booth beside Chung-Ae, catching a much-needed break before he headed back for rush hour.

"Hey boys," Junghwa greeted them, being the oldest in the small group he sat down on the chair he pulled up from another table, setting down the large order of fried chicken. It was strange for a barbeque place to sell fried chicken, but the owner's wife's family had the best-fried chicken recipe, so they found a way to incorporate it into the restaurant.