Chapter one: Leaving

Dipper POV:
I grabbed my hat from my nightstand as I saw the sun peaking over the Oregon Wilderness. This is my last day, I thought. I walked over to the suitcase that I hadn't touched in months. I noticed that Mabel was still asleep so I tried to be as quiet as possible. I grabbed my clothes and folded them neatly and put them into the case. I put my hat from Stan and put it carefully into the case, and put my old hat on over my bed head. Better end how you started, I thought. I started to collect the many trinkets I had gotten from over the past few months, and stuffed them into the case. All that was left was the mysterious journal labeled as "3". I tucked that under my clothes, making sure you couldn't find it with a quick glance, and when I was done, I shut the suitcase carefully. I decided it was time to wake up Mabel, as it was already 9:30. I walked over to her bed, and poked her face a few times. She sat bolt upright, shook her head to clear the remnants of sleep.
"Wha?" She asked. She had drool running down her chin and her hair matted over her face. I had to stifle my laugher. I grew serious and said,
"We gotta pack, last day remember?" She grew somber as she nodded, and dragged herself out of bed. I could tell she was said, mainly because she had to leave Waddles behind. We had decided earlier that Soos would take care of the little pig Mabel had grown to love.
"I'm going to eat breakfast," I said, breaking the silence. "Holler if you need me." With that, I walked downstairs, and went into the kitchen. I grabbed some Smile-O's, a bowl, and some milk, then made myself some cereal. I grabbed a spoon out of the drawer, and quietly ate my cereal. Just then, Stan walked into the room.
"Hey kiddo," he said. He was wearing his usual clothes, a white tank top and his shorts which were way to short (even though they went down to his knees).
"Hey." I said, forcing a smile.
"You guys are comin' back next year, right?" He asked.
"I hope so." I responded, too sad to give a better answer.
"So, listen. Me and Soos decided to throw you guys a party before your parents show up. Tickets are five dollars, so might as well pay up now." He said. Just like him to make us pay for our own party.
"Are you kidding? It's our last day, Stan." I said. He knows we don't have any money. He never pays us!
"Oh fine, you guys can come for free." He grumbled, obviously joking. I took another bite of cereal. "Why aren't you wearing the hat I gave ya?" He asked.
"Might as well end where we started." I said.
"Ah, well, party's at 11:00, so better get a head start on your work." Stan said. I grumbled and walked behind the register and grabbed the broom. Of course he would make us work. I started to sweep up the shop, as quickly as I could. Stan walked up stairs most likely to tell Mabel about the party. I walked over to the register and sat on the old wooden stool and waited for customers to come. I was sitting there for about fifteen minutes, but it felt like hours. This was weird, Wendy and Soos should have been here by now. Their shifts started at ten. I decided to give it half an hour before giving up on them, so I entertained myself by sliding some pennies around on the counter and counting the moldy spots on the wall. Soos and Wendy weren't coming, and thinking about it, there were no customers around either. I decided to abandon my post at 10:45 to get ready for the party. All I really needed was to put on my usual bow tie and some deodorant that Grunkle Stan gave me after we found the body switching carpet. I put on the bow tie and he deodorant and walked downstairs. I was wonder where Mabel went. Upon further exploration, I found her in the living room.
"Hey Mabel," I greeted. "Ready for the party?" I asked.
"Yup!" She was wearing a sweater that said: Partee! I wasn't about to say anything about it, we both needed to have fun today, so I stayed quiet. Luckily for her, Pacifica wasn't invited to the party, so she should be fine.
"Ready to go?" I asked.
"Why yes I am, Sir Dippingsauce." And with that, we walked out the door.