Chapter Three: No Show

Wendy POV:
"I still have my job at the 'Shack, and I got my first car, so that was pretty cool." I said over the phone.
"Hey, listen, our dad gets to pick what we do this summer, and I guess we're going camping. Mabel and I had a big argument with our parents, but we can't change anything, so, we won't be there." Dipper said.
"Aw dude... I need you guys! I've been so bored for the past however many years until you guys showed up! You can't just leave me like this!" I cried.
"I'm sorry Wendy, maybe next year?" He offered. This summer was going to stink! I never realized how much they meant to me.
"Who's gunna give me mouth-to-mouth if I fall into another pool?" I whined. Unknown to him, even though I was unconscious, I really enjoyed the mouth-to-mouth, knowing I had someone there for me. My own little hero.
"Soos? Grunkle Stan?" He teased.
"Dude I'm serious! I need you guys here!" I yelled.
"Hey, I gotta go, I'll talk to you later, okay? Bye." He said.
"No don't go-" he hung up. "I need you here..." I whispered. I sat down on my bed and took out a photo we had taken together, me and the twins. I missed them. Dipper's brown hair, his hat... I loved his hat... I got up and went to the driveway, and got into my car. I started it up and headed towards the Mystery Shack. I told Dipper that I got my car, but what I didn't say is that I was a terrible driver. I had flunked my driver test three times and my car had acquired a few dings here and there. Once I got there, I got out of the car. I didn't have to work today, and was actually entering as a customer. The man of mystery should before me.
"What are you doing here? You'd never be at work on a weekend..." He scratched his head. It was very unusual.
"I'm not at work today, I'm a customer," I said. "I'd like one of those hats." I said, pointing to Dipper's trademark pine tree hat.
He grabbed a hat and walked behind he counter. There where very few customers today it seemed.
"Um... Okay, that'll be $10.95 corduroy, pay up." Said Stan. I rolled my eyes. Eleven dollars for a hat! It's to be expected from the man of mystery, or should I say man of ripping people off. I walked out of the store and back to my car. I could've just walked but I wanted to get here quicker. I put my key in the ignition and drove off.