Chapter Five: Heart Ache

Wendy POV:
❤Dipper♥️: Facechat? I clicked yes. I let it ring a few times until trying again. I brushed my thick hair out of my face, and made myself presentable. I couldn't bear to take off the dirty pine tree hat, even if it made me seem a little stalkerish, which I kind of was. It made me feel perverted, a nineteen year old in love with a sixteen year old. He finally picked up.
"Hello? Oh hey... Wendy..." He scratched the back of his neck. "I can't really talk right now, me and my girlfriend are packing to go camping this summer. Would you like to meet her?" Girlfriend. He had a girlfriend. I hung up instantly, feeling my eyes water. I stuffed my face into my pillow, and cried until I couldn't cry anymore. He probably didn't like me any more. Of course he would have a girlfriend, he was smart, handsome, funny, kind, brave... I had dreamed of getting married, having kids... With him! I had practically no friends anymore, and I was basically a shut-in. I had ghastly pale skin, thanks to years of staying in my room, writing stories of me and his future, drawing pictures, writing songs... I texted Tambry, explaining my dilemma.
"Then let's get out there, and go boy-hunting!" She texted.
"But I thought he was the one..." I replied. I groaned, and sobbed some more.
"He obviously wasn't, and if he was, maybe his girlfriend will die in a trash compactor or something," she joked. "But you need to get out there! Show them Wendy Corduroy! They'll fight over you!" She encouraged.
"I look like a ghost! They won't even see me!" I complained. I looked at my rats-nest of hair, and again at my ghostly pallor.
"Don't make me come over there and drag you to the mall." She threatened.
"Fine..." I reluctantly agreed. "Where are we meeting?"
"Meet me by the West Wing near the Indie Fuzz store at noon. Kiss Kiss!" And with that, I dragged my lanky figure off my bed, and put on my green flannel and my boots, and slipped out the door.
"Girl, you need some new clothes, those are not working anymore. Come with me." Greeted Tambry. She pulled me over to Veronica's Secret. She pulled a few items from the racks as we combed through the isle of the store. She kept holding the items up to me as if she was comparing it to me, and then asked me if I liked them. I said they were fine, not really caring, it's not like Dipper would be here to see me. She shoved me into the changing rooms and tossed me the clothes. I stripped down to my undergarments and began to change into the clothes Tambry had picked for me. Once I was finished I stepped out of the stall.
"What do you think?" I asked half-heartedly. I was wearing a plaid green tank top, cut off jeans, and a short black leather jacket. Her jaw dropped.
"You... Look amazing!" She snapped a billion photos of me with her phone. I felt like I was being mobbed by the paparazzi. "Let's go get some boys!" She yelled, and pumped a fist in the air. "But first..." She returned my cherished form of Dipper's trademark hat. I slipped it on quickly.
"Let's go."