18. Shock

"Daddy, no no", Jimin whines when Jungkook slides a brown bear onesie on him. "Aww, baby, why no no?", Jungkook asks softly, kissing his head. He crouches down in front of the bed to look at Jimin's little frown, confused.

"I think he doesn't like your mom", Namjoon teases as he fixes his hair on the mirror. Jungkook rolls his eyes. "He hasn't even met her yet", he answers without turning to look at his husband.

"Baby's have spiritual powers", Namjoon says with the most serious voice he can muster. "Oh, please. He's not like you. He'll love her", Jungkook says enthusiastically. "But will she love him?", Namjoon bites back, immediately regretting after.

"Bun, I'm sorry", Namjoon says softly, detaching himself from the mirror and leaning down to hug Jungkook's slumped frame on the floor. "No, you're right. Should I not go?", Jungkook asks nervously, biting his lip.

Namjoon shakes his head quickly. "No, baby. You should definitely go. She couldn't come for Christmas. I think she'd love to meet Minie", he says even though he can't quite believe his own words.

Jungkook's mom isn't a bad person per se, but, she has has a record of saying things that piss Namjoon off, sometimes even Jungkook.

Jungkook sighs, leaning back against Namjoon's legs. "I don't know", he says, suddenly uncertain. Namjoon sighs and sits down beside his husband, formal pants be damned.

"Do you want me to go with you?", he asks softly, rubbing Jimin's little palm with his thumb. Jungkook shakes his head after some thought. "No, it's fine. I'll go", he answers.

"Are you sure? Your mom wouldn't mind me not being there?", Namjoon asks, smiling widely at Jimin who's still fussing. Jungkook runs a finger through Jimin's hair to calm him down. It works, atleast for now.

"Don't worry about it", he replies, short and clipped. Namjoon nods and presses a kiss to his temple. He turns to Jimin then and pulls him into his lap. "I'll see you soon, baby", he says in a sweet voice and nudges his nose before letting Jungkook take him from him.

"I should go now", Namjoon says. Jungkook sighs a little but nods anyway. "Alright. I love you", he says. That causes Namjoon to smile. "Love you, too. Don't forget to join Yugyeom and Jackson", he replies. Jungkook rolls his eyes and nods again.

He watches Namjoon go out of the room before turning back to Jimin who seems to have a permanent pout on his face. "What's up with you today?", he worries, picking Jimin up from the bed.

"We'll go to Nini. You'll feel better", Jungkook assures. Jimin just sighs dramatically and slumps against his shoulder. Jungkook wonders what got him all tired and sad.

"Alright, let's go!"
_________________________________________

"Eomma!", Jungkook calls happily, entering his mom's house. It doesn't feel as homely as it did before. Then again, home is where Namjoon is and he's obviously not here. Jungkook blushes with embarrassment at his own cheesy thoughts, shaking his head and focusing on the situation at hand.

"Jungkookie!", his mom yells back just as happily, throwing herself at Jungkook. He laughs softly hugs her tightly, loving the warmth radiating off of her.

"And you, little angel", she smiles down at the baby in the baby cart. Jimin watches with wide eyes as she crouches down in front of him. "Baby, say hi to Nini", Jungkook coaxes.

Jimin looks up at him for a second before looking back at her, nose scrunching up in delight as he raises his little hand to wave cutely at Soyeon. "Hi", he squeaks out, grinning big.

Soyeon clutches at her chest, sighing for extra effect. "He's lovely", she comments. Jimin, as if understanding her words, nods quickly. Jungkook simply rolls his eyes before inviting himself in.

"How have you been?", he asks, knowing very well that it must be hard for her to live alone in a fairly big house, with only a few workers to accompany her. He has offered her more than once to come live with them but she has denied everytime.

"Can I hold him?", she asks suddenly, making Jungkook's head snap upwards. He didn't realize he had been staring at the back of Jimin's cart. "Of course. You don't need to ask", he answers with a smile.

He pushes the cart towards her, watching with a fond smile as she picks him up without any problem. "He's thin", she says, still smiling as she sits down on the couch, seating the baby on her lap.

"He was even thinner before. He's healthy now", Jungkook answers with a smile of his own. Before he can say anything else, a loud crash resonates from the kitchen, causing Jimin's nose to scrunch up in shock.

"Oh god, is he gonna cry?", Soyeon asks, panicked as she bounces Jimin on her legs. Jungkook laughs. "He doesn't cry much. What was that by the way?", he asks.

"Oh, just---", another crash sounds and Soyeon winces, biting her lip as Jimin buries his face in her stomach, startled. "Let me check", Jungkook says quickly and gets up to match towards the kitchen.

He hears his mom call him but decides to ignore it for the time being. When he enters the kitchen, he sees a woman crouching a little, making whimpery noises.

She's turned his back on him so Jungkook can't really see her face but he can see her stomach bulging a lot more than normal. He frowns. A pregnant woman? In his mom's house? Weird.

"Excuse---", he starts but gasps when he sees her leg slip on the carpet she was using to clean the mess. Jungkook makes a quick move and rushes towards her.

He manages to wrap his arms around her waist, holding her up so that she doesn't fall and hurt herself. The woman shouts a little, surprised by the sudden intrusion but clings onto him for dear life, one hand going down to protect her stomach.

When Jungkook finally sits her down against one of the cupboards, she removes her hair out of her face and he gasps loudly, eyes widening.

"Geongmin?!"

"Jungkook?"

Drama? 👀