Page 4

After a couple months later it was almost Christmas and it was my favorite holiday of the year. My old friend and I used to do secret Santa every year on Christmas. I do miss her. She was a really good friend of mine. Oh how rude am I not to say her name. Her name was River. She had been my friend since we were in first grade. Anyways I was glad that today was my last day of school so I can get out of school and enjoy my winter break.

It was freezing outside and was snowing a little bit so I put on a hoodie and pair of jeans and put my vans on and headed out the door into my car.

I got to school and I started to head to my class. I was rushing to my class and I accidentally bumped into a guy that was walking in front of me. We bumped shoulders, and it kinda hurt but I'm fine. 

I look up and I couldn't believe who it was. 

"Noelle?" He asked in shock. "I didn't know you came to this school?" 

 My face turned red. "Yeah I do I just started almost two months ago." I told him. 

It was my old crush from eighth grade. Liam Payne. 

"I haven't seen you since eighth grade." He chuckles. "Yeah I haven't seen you in a while either." I said to him and then it got awkward. "I'll catch you later." He smiles and me and walks away. 

That was embarrassing. My old crush from eighth grade goes to my college. Wow.

I continued rushing to my class realizing that I was even more late. I got to the lab because I was working on an experiment. Next thing you know during class someone knocks on the door so I get it and it was him.

"It's you great." I whisper to him with annoyance. It was Harry and he doesn't even belong in my class so I don't know why he is here. 

 He just smirks at me and walks up to my professor who was teaching my class.

He talks to the teacher for a few minutes and I just continue my lab with my partner. Her name was Ella and she was always talking about everything. What drama was going on, what happen at all the party's she went to. I just ignored it. 

"Hey can I tell you something?" She asked me. I looked up from working on a piece for the project. "Yeah what is it?." I say. "Do you think Harry's cute?" She says sounding suspicious. My face turns a bit red. "Uh what do you mean?" I ask her. "Like you don't find him cute at all? "No, not really." I continue my work. "Well I think he likes you." She tells me. My face turns red. What did she just say? That's why he has been acting weird. "Oh." That's all I say. Trying to not show my red face from hearing that.

"Uh yeah anyways just wanted to tell you that." She tells me. Then the bells rings. 

Later on I got home. Finally winter break! I can be able to sleep in and do anything and not have to worry about school for right now.

A couple days later and eventually it was Christmas eve. I was so excited. I couldn't wait for Christmas even though it wouldn't be like last year with River. Suddenly, someone knocks on the door. I go and get it and oh my goodness.

"River!" I said with excitement. I hugged her so tight I can't believe she drove all the way down here to celebrate with me for Christmas! 

"I can't believe you drove all the way down here!" I said to her. "Yep. That's what a good friend is for." She says smiling at me. I gave her another great big hug. 

My mother was walking down stairs she looked and she was surprised. "River!" She said rushing down stairs and gave her a tight hug. 

After a while someone messaged me on my phone. Who is this? I look at the message and saw that it was Ella. But she doesn't have my number?

𝙃𝙚𝙮! 𝙀𝙡𝙡𝙖 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙬𝙤𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙮 𝘾𝙝𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙢𝙖𝙨 𝙚𝙫𝙚 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙮. 𝙄𝙩'𝙨 𝙜𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙛𝙪𝙣!!!

Christmas eve party? Sounds great! Maybe I could take River with me. But I have to ask mom first to make sure it was okay.

Before I message her back I go and ask mom.

"Hey mom a friend from school invited me to go to a party tonight. Can I go?"

"Uh yeah sure you want to ask River if she wants to go?" She asks me. "Yeah I can ask her." 

I walk over to River who was on the couch and asked her if she wanted to go.

"Sure! But I don't have anything to wear." She tells me.

"Don't worry I got stuff you can wear."  I say grabbing her wrist and heading up stairs.

I opened my closet cause I have a lot of things that she can wear that would really cute on her. I look in my closet and I saw a cute peach crop top and pair of rip jeans and other stuff. "What about that cute sunflower dress?" She tells me. I grabbed the dress and gave it to her to try on. 

Right as she was changing I grabbed my phone and message Ella back saying we were going and I was bringing River.

River comes out and she look amazing in the dress better than me.

"So.. how does it look?" She asks me. "You look amazing!" I tell her. 

Later that night she put on the sunflower dress while I went a bit casual and cute with my skinny black dress with a white cardigan sweater on with the dress. I slipped my pair of black heals on and we headed to the party. Mom told us before we get home around the same time.

We drove in the drive way and I didn't expect that their would be more people at this party than the Halloween party Harry hosted. Ella's house was like really nice and I did not expect that either. Her house looked like a mansion.

We walked up to the door and Ella was the one who opened the door for us and greeted us.

"Glad you guys made it!" She said to us. "Yep we did." I say to her. I also introduced her to River. I think she likes her. Though I don't feel so great around Ella because I feel like she had something going on with Harry and me ever since the last day of school before winter break.

"Well have fun! The kitchen has all the drinks and food and you can also request songs to our DJ." I kinda got excited because I could ask to play my favorite song. 

"Hey River, want to ask the DJ to play a song?" I ask her. "Sure what song were you going to ask." She tells me as we walk over there. "Well my favorite song teenage dirt bag obviously." She laughs and I do too cause she knows that's my favorite song of all time. 

We walk over there and a blonde fella with blue eyes was blasting the music as the DJ. He kinda look cute but he seemed sweet but I would have to see cause you can't just assume someone by looks.

"Hey ladies need something?" He asks us. "I'd like to request a song if that's fine by you." I say smiling. "Of course what song?" "Teenage dirt bag." He looks at me for a second. Then he finds the song. Before he plays it he looks up at me and smiles. Then he plays the song and me and River head over to the kitchen cause River wanted a drink.

As we were in the kitchen I saw a familiar face that I didn't know would be here.

𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐬𝐨 𝐟𝐚𝐫 :)