Chapter 2 "Spence"

your POV:

while laying in your bed unable to sleep. the thoughts of spencer holding you and saving you from hurting yourself fill your mind. its been a week since it happened and you're still thinking about it. the smell of his cologne lingering in your memory. wondering if you'll ever get that close to him again.

oh my god! what is getting into me? stop!

you tell yourself before rolling over and dozing off.

your alarm wakes you at 6 am. 30 minutes earlier than usual because you wanted to actually enjoy your shower instead of rushing like always. so you spring up and take a shower. while in the shower you get a text and you reach your hand out and check it.

"spencer reid: do you want to get breakfast before work?"

you got really happy and responded saying "sure! just got in the shower though"

he responds immediately " okay, ill be there in an hour"

he knew where you lived because he had to bring you home once because you didn't drive to work that day. he drives an older car which kind of fits his whole vibe.

you get out of the shower and slip on a pencil skirt and tucked a flowy tank top into it, paired it with black heels. while finishing your makeup you get a text from spencer saying he is outside your apartment so you grab your purse and keys and head out to his car. you saw him outside of his car when you got outside. you were confused at first but then when you approached the car he opened the passenger door for you. you smiled and started to blush as he walked around the car to get back into the drivers seat.

Y: thank you.

S: no problem. where do you want to eat?

Y: mmm pancakes. i love pancakes.

S: perfect. I know an amazing pancake place.

you didn't even know that was a thing. 'a pancake place', but you were excited and starving.

you arrived at this diner. something straight out of the 1980s. you really liked the look of it. from the outside you could smell the syrup. spencer caught you breathing in, enjoying the smell of the air. when you enter you are greeted by an older woman and she made you both feel at home and brings coffee for both of you. " let me know when you folks are ready to order" you smile and thank her before looking at the menu.

Y: oh my god yes!

spencer's head shot up with a confused look on his face.

Y: they have blueberry pancakes! my favorite!

you catch him smile as he drops his head to look at his menu again. the older lady returns asking if we know what we are getting.

S: we will have a plate of the blueberry pancakes for the lady and a plate of strawberry for me please.

OL: alright love. all have those out to you shortly.
S & Y: thank you.

she walks away and spencer takes a sip of his coffee which is still boiling hot.

Y: your mouth must hate you for drinking that coffee with it being so hot.

he laughs

S: I'm used to it. I usually start with it this hot everyday.

you smile and ask him how he found this place.

S: honestly, I was just driving and randomly found it. now its my favorite spot for breakfast.

Y: I like the look of it.

S: me too. I love older looking places.

you smile and he smiles back at you.

she comes back with both of our pancakes and syrup. thanking her again as she sets them in front of us. you take your first bite and instantly fall in love with this place.

spencer's POV:

she looks amazing today you thought.
I tried not to stare because you definitely would notice me. I usually never ask people out to breakfast, especially women. you're different though.

seeing your reaction to the pancakes made me happy. your eyes rolled back and you moaned a little bit with how good they are. I took a bite of mine and loved them too, I just didn't do the same thing as you did since I've had these before. I'm going to have to get you these again sometime.

Y: can I taste yours?

you open your mouth waiting for me to feed you. so I cut a piece and feed it to you. you react the same as you did with your own pancakes. eyes rolling back from how good they are.

Y: this place is SO good spence.

spence? you called me spence. the only person to ever call me that...I like it.

you are both quite now, concentrating on how good the food is when both of your phones ring from a text. assuming since they both came at the same time that there's a case and you have to go to work.

Y: noooo. I never want to leave this place.

S: I know me neither. hotch will kill us though.

your head goes back and your groan. I payed even after you insisted in paying for yourself. you got a little upset with me but when we reached my car. you stopped me and hugged me. you wrap your arms around my neck and I wrap mine around your waist touching your upper back. tingles flow through my body like I've never been touched before. you had that affect on me. you pulled away and thanked me for the best breakfast and said we will definitely be going again soon which made me excited. we hopped in the car and drove to work where JJ was waiting with a case.