The Empire: Target.

Muneerah's POV.

"You're joking, right?" Muhammed asks looking at his lunch in horror.
"What?" I ask seriously unaware of what is going on.

"How do you expect me to eat this? It's mostly grass"
"When did salad become grass?"

"You know I don't like it. Why make it?"
I laugh "I'm joking, this is mine. Yours is in the kitchen".

"You can't take seeing me happy right? I really thought you made it with grass".

"Muhammed you're a drama king" I roll my eyes.
"Let me go and get my food before you add it" he jogs in.

I'll be heading to the cafe to meet Abba and Abdullahi by 4pm.

He seemed a bit intense yesterday so I don't know what it is that pissed him off. I just hope it's nothing severe or it has nothing to do with my husband.

::

"Coming from?" Walid asks standing front of me, blocking my way.
I stare at him.

"So you're not answering me?" he asks raising his eyebrows.

"I went out with my father, or am I not allowed to?" I ask my brother in law.

Walid just stood there looking at me like he's trying to figure me out.

"It's weird that you didn't report it when it happened"

"When what happened?" I ask confused.
"When you were poisoned, I would expect you to go running to your father. Why didn't you?"

I scoff "I have my reasons".
"What are they? Tell me".
"It doesn't matter now. I didn't get what I wanted".

He smirks "What did you want? A big position in the Palace".

"That's you not me. Positions don't matter to me. If it was up to me I'd prefer to live my life normally, not locked up".

He looks at me surprised "That is an insult to royalty. Declining it".
"Would you prefer i give my life to make sure my husband becomes king?"

"No. Just keep him calm, if you really do care about him" he walks away smiling.

I am seriously not in the mood for their rivalry.

::

Third Person POV.

"So what happened?" Asmau asks as soon as Aisha walks in.

"I just saw Walid and Muneerah talking. He was smiling throughout their conversation"

"Are you sure?" Asmau asks unsure.
"I am".

"It's probably nothing".
"First it was Habib then I saw her with Abdullah at father's birthday and now Walid, what do you think she's planning?"

"That's not your business. Just do your duty and keep quiet. Okay?"

"But shouldn't we tell the other wives to be wary of their husbands?"

"I doubt it's what you think. And you better not go around gossiping, it's embarrassing" Asmau defends.

"Fine. Don't come to me when things go backwards" Aisha walks out slamming the door.

"It's gossip that kills people in this Palace" Asmau murmurs as she continues knitting.

::

Muneerah's POV.

I could see Muhammad keep stealing glances at me. He always does that when he's curious and he's finding it difficult to ask.

I keep the book I'm reading on the bed side.
"Let's talk" I say it that way so he doesn't know I can read him, whenever I do he changes it. I kind of enjoy reading him sometimes.

"Of course, is there something you want to ask me?" he closes his laptop and gives me his full attention.

"You go first, I'm still thinking of a way to put it. So if you want to ask me anything go ahead".

"Okay" he acts like he's thinking while I wait patiently"Ah! Last week when you met with your father and brother, what did you talk about?"

"Are you sure that's what you want to know?" I ask joking around.

"Yeah, I kept thinking and that was the first thing that came to my mind".

"Okay. We talked about how it was back home and some other things".

"What are the other things?"
"Are you sure that question just popped? You weren't thinking about it?"

"Muneerah, just tell me. You asked first anyway".
"Okay, he's talking about grandchildren".

He looks at me unsure.
"Wallahi I'm serious. He said he doesn't know when he'll checkout so before he does he wants to see his grandchild"

He laughs "We can't have children until the next king is named".

"Why?"
"I don't know, it's just tradition. Our ancestors were a bit messed up in the head".

I laugh "Of course".
"So—What did you want to ask me?"

"What would you like for lunch tomorrow?"
"Wow! Is that it?"

"Yeah" I lie.
"Well—we are having lunch with Sadiq".

"Why Sadiq?" I ask surprised.
"Yeah. Don't worry it'll just be for a few minutes. Maximum 30mins".

"Okay then"

::

He looks at Muhammed then back at me.
"Do you need your wife to talk?" he asks my husband.

"We were heading somewhere" he says back.
"I told you we were having lunch together yesterday. Have you been out together since yesterday afternoon?"

"We're coming back from seeing off my father in law" I look at him and smile. I tried to take him with me but he refused now he's using it as an excuse.

"Okay then. I wanted to talk to you about your ex father in law".

"What? Why?"
"Apparently he has been selling fake Silk in Manzur. I know you two were really close so I want you to talk to him, the dangers are high".

"Why not talk to Suleiman about it?" I ask curiously.
"You are closer to Suleiman than I am".

"He married my girlfriend".
"Being completely honest even with that fact you're still closer to him".

Muhammed nods.
I just sat there shook, then how deep is their relationship ruined?

"I would like to do that but he despises me. He blames me for his daughter's death".

"And still nothing with that investigation?" Walid asks looking at me.

"What?"
"I thought you were investigating it?"

I smile "Still on it, I'm waiting for the right time".

Muhammed's phone starts ringing.
"Excuse me" he leaves.

"Are you really investigating it or were you trying to scare who did it?"

I'm actually surprised that came out of his mouth, I thought the only thing he knew was making sure his brother became king but I guess I was wrong.

"I'm not sure about that".
"Risking your life. You're really your father's daughter" he says with a smirk.

"And everyone says that".
"It's true" Muhammed says sitting down "The two have more in common than you'll ever imagine".

"So what do we do? We can't just approach him about it at the Royal Court. It won't be good for the Royal family to have an in law who is cheating the people, it might be problematic".

"I'll see what I can do".
"Do it quickly"

::