The Empire: Suspicions.

"Do you really think he'll agree?" I ask Salma.
"We have to try".

"But you and Habib—you know how it is and how he gets. Is it okay to ask him something like that?" I ask her.

"Muhammed is in Manzur to talk to his ex father in law. I know there might be hidden security around your house but you can't just trust everyone".

I stare at my phone "I'm more worried about him".

She slaps my hand "Ow!"
"Are you back to your senses? He's well guarded and no one is stupid enough to kill him".

I groan and lie back down on her bed. "Can't he just let you come over?"
"I doubt it. If people know I slept over they'll find it weird".

"And staying over here isn't? He doesn't like me or my husband, that's what people think and if he let's me stay here don't you think it'll raise more suspicions? And it's not like people know I was poisoned".

"You're both right" Habib says walking in "You can't stay here and she can't go there".

"See" I say.
"But can we go out? A friend of mine is getting married and she invited me over, can't she go too?"

"I thought they are leaving for Yushfa tomorrow?" Salma asks confused.

"Munirah you can't go to Yushfa, it's too far".
"That's why I'm asking if I can just go today and we'll be back tomorrow morning".

"Which hotel?"
"The Milton Hotel".

"Okay but you're going with security" He says with finality.
"Of course". we laugh excitedly.

::

When he said security I expected three people but instead we are walking with ten.

We enter our hotel room.
"This is my first time in a hotel".
"Really?" Salma asks me.

"Yeah. First ever".
"I'm going to take a bath and put on that soft bathrobe. If it wasn't so degrading I would have gone with one" she says excitedly.

I laugh "Better not. Habib will murder you".
"Yeah".

"I'll go get my speaker in the car".
"Perfect. When will your friend arrive?" She asks me.
"She said they left this everning since they have nothing to do here anyway".

"So it's just us two?" she asks winking.
"Let me just get it"

I pick up my veil, cover my head and walk out.

::

I wait in the lobby while my personal security Mujib went to get my phone and speaker.

"Muneerah?"
I turn around and see Ali standing behind me.

I was surprised to see him in a hotel. I raise my eyebrows.
"I came to make sure things are going well. This is the hotel royalty use, isn't that why you're here? With Muhammed?"

"No. He's in Manzur. I'm here with Salma"
"Okay. But does Habibu know you're here with his wife? I doubt it" he smirks.

"He knows".
He laughs "When did my brother become this flexible?"

"He has always been, it's because you don't know him".
"Maybe. But with recent events it's dangerous to leave the Palace grounds. It's more risky here".

I smile.
"Except if it was intentional"
He smiles widely. "You've learnt alot from your father. Just make sure you really don't die. Tell Muhammed you're here, he has a habit of getting furious when people do crazy stuff" he walks away.

Complicated family.
Mujib brings me my phone and speakers and I quickly get in the elevator and back to our room.

::

Asmau's POV.

Someone knocks again.
I open the door and see Aisha.

"What now?" I ask rolling my eyes.
"You should sit down for this".

I sit so she can quickly tell me and leave.
"Where did Ya Ali go?"

"He left yesterday evening. He'll be back for lunch though. Why do you ask?"
"Well—Look at this" she gives me her phone.

A picture of Muneerah in a hotel lobby with Ali.
"Where did you get this?"

"Suleiman wanted to get some papers from a friend in the Milton Hotel, I was patiently waiting in the car when I saw this. I just had to take a picture to show you since you wouldn't even pay attention to what I was saying".

I just keep staring at the phone. I know Ali and that looks like a genuine smile. That's the smile he puts on when his father compliments him.
What could they be talking about?

"So? Maybe it might be a coincidence".
"I heard she'll be joining Yasmin for lunch today, is that a coincidence?"

I don't take my eyes off the picture.
"Infact you should slide".

I slide and see a picture of her and Walid and Sadiq at a restaurant.
"Where did you find this?"
"Oh I got that from a friend. She said she just saw the Prince and was excited. When I told her to send me a picture she sent me that".

"Did you show Yasmin?"
"Nope. Not yet" she smirks.

"This is useless. It's probably just a misunderstanding. Stop doing stupid things and don't play around with something so crucial"

"But—"
"Don't be so stupid, don't try that with me. If I hear you telling anyone we'll have to discuss telling Uncle Musa" I smile "I'll see you tomorrow, it's for day after all"

She walks out without a word.

::

Muneerah's POV.

I see Asmau sitting in the gazebo.
I drag myself and my suitcase and sit down.

"You're back?" She asks.

"Yeah. What's wrong? You look kind of off today".
"I was on my way to see Ma Aliya and decided to come see you".

"And waited? For how long?" I ask.
"About twenty minutes".

"Wow!"
"It's simple. You need to be careful with those other wives. Especially Aisha".

I stare at her.
"It's just a warning. Take it or not, it's up to you" she stands and walks away.

I know she's nice but I find it difficult to trust her.
Maybe I'm the one with a problem but I can't change that.

.
.