Into The Wild

(Third Person POV)

The pure white snow reached just above her knees as the young girl marches along through the path. Snow dust swirls around with the silent wind that moved her black hair. Trees of pine were covered but stood tall. Stopping, she sniffs the air before nodding to herself. 'Good.. I'm still in range.' Piece of cake! As long as she stays around and sniffs their scent, she wont get lost. This is easy, and yet they still treat her like a child. Shes perfectly capable, so why..? She stops and looks at her covered hands, suddenly feeling sad. 'Why doesn't daddy take me with him?' Growling she shook her head and walked faster. An idea came to her head as she ran away.

 What if she hunted? 

If she brought back a large wild game home, maybe then her parents and the others will see her in a new light! Her smile widens in excitement as she reached a clearing. Everything is beginning to melt as spring approaches, a large river greets her blue eyes. "Okay!" She breathes out, deciding to cross the river using the large flat rocks. Adjusting the pistol and backpack on her she pushes on, slowly checking the rocks with each step she took. She shivered at some of the water getting into her boots. One step after the other, she reached the middle of the river. 'This looks deep..' She slowed down to a halt and a sudden presence, turning behind her and gasping. There at the rivers edge, a large brown bear began to growl and charge directly to her, water moving out of its way. Fear began to make its way threw the young girls body as she quickly pulls out a pistol and aims at its head. 

"DON'T SHOOT KID!"

She screams in surprise at the loud yell as she dodges. Two more smaller bears catches her eyes before she slips and falls into the freezing water below. The current moved her further out, the young girl desperately trying to get her head above water. She begins to slow, her feet not able to feel the ground and her body temperature beginning to drop. 'Ah.. I'm so sleepy..' Her light blue eyes begin to drop as she suddenly remembers her parents. Her mama's (eye color) eyes filled with love and her papa's loving smile. The were covered by a bright light and it felt like her body was quickly pulled upward. Her lungs spring back to life as she was introduced to oxygen once more. In a coughing fit, she felt something heavy and warm wrap around her. She was being held by something, or someone large trudging on as she slips into darkness. 

~~~

A star? Am I looking.. up at the sky? What is that? Why does this feel familiar?

The young girl gasps and sits upright  from the warm fuzzy bed. Her vision slowly coming to as she notices the warmth coming back to her body. Her black hair was tied up and was in a new set of clothes. She noticed that she was in a cottage of some sort. Ancient patterns, weapons align the walls. 'These patterns.. Look like the ones on daddy's clothes..' She was unsure but she unconsciously felt safe here. Why? She jumps and whirls around at a presence behind her. A young man was sitting criss cross, and wearing a long coat and pants with red and black patterns, as well as black boots. What astonished her was not the scars on his face, or the long silver/white hair down his back. It was the EYES, light blue and dancing with mischief. She opened her mouth, voice raspy as she begins to feel weary. "Who... are you?" He crossed his arms, before showing her a flashy grin. 

"Hey there, Kid. Glad to see you're up.."

Thanks For Reading!