A Teacher? Or..

Tuya stares at the man adding more wood to the fire. The pot of soup began to bubble as he stirs. "You must be hungry after falling into the freezing river." She looked away from him and huffed. "I'm not hungry!!" Her eyes widen at a growl from her tummy, face flushing as the man cackles. "Suuure you aren't, kid." A bowl was set down in front of her before he sat down. She noticed he didnt get any himself, and was watching the flames dance. The smell of the stew was too delicious and Tuya gave in and took a couple of bites. "So what were you doing out by yourself. You got no business being out here, you know." She glared at him. "Its none of your business, old man!" He laughs at her and shook his head. "Hey! I'm not old!" Tuya ignores him and continues to eat before pausing at his stare at her. "So you think going around and shooting things will make you stronger, huh?" She tensed up in irritation. "That bear-" "That bear was protecting her family.." Tuya bit her lip as the silver haired man continued. "With WHAT you are, you could have easily dodged her. But you don't even know who you are yourself, do ya?" Her eyes widen in shock at the stranger. "What.. are you talking about? You actually.." He grinned before standing up. "That's right. I knew what you are from the start. But as I see it, you're nothing but a pup with just words for show. Let me guess.. You ran away from home to try and prove yourself to your mommy and daddy, right?" Anger rose from Tuya, gripping her clothes with her small hands. "Yet here you are, almost getting yourself killed. You running off and worrying your parents isn't a grown up thing to do." She suddenly looked down, a realization hits her. 'Mommy and daddy.. Are worried about me..' Her face was filled with guilt. "You're right old man.. I'm sorry." She jumped at his hand patting her head softly. Her body and mind relaxes at his playful grin. "Looks like you get the gist of what I'm saying. But you shouldn't be apologizing to me,right?" He turns and heads to a chest. Opening it, he pulls out a brow hat and a tan coat with a green and red sash. His other hand points to the exit with his thumb. "Let's get you back home and repeat your apology to your parents!"

~~~

Tuya buries her face further into the coat. A familiar smell fills her with comfort as she trudges through the snow. "Keep up, slowpoke!" She pouted as she sank further into the snow. "Dont laugh!!" She growled at the man looking away to hide his chuckle. The pair traveled down a mountainside, at it took them half a day to get to the bottom. Heavy clouds threaten the signal for snow. Tuya had a thought and ran to catch up to the mysterious man. "Hey! I never got to ask your name and how did you know what I am?" The silver haired man stopped and hummed. Tuya was suddenly was tense. The long silence was making her anxious. The man suddenly grinned before turning around. "Its a secret~!" Tuyas shoulders sagged and mouth dropped open. "Wait a minute!! You can't just-"
Her mouth was suddenly covered as he shushed her. "Look.." He nodded his head to his right causing Tuya to look as well. There a few feet away was the mama grizzly and her two cubs. Tuya and the bear stared at each other, noticing that she was not scared as before. She suddenly bends down lowering her head and softly whispers. "I'm very sorry, mama bear.." She soon as she finished her sentence, she felt a heavy, furry head nuzzling her briefly. She looked up in awe as the mother bear walked away her babies in tow. Mouth agape she looked up at the amused male. "Haha! Looks like she forgave you!" Tuya grinned and held her head. She treaded on excited to tell her parents what happened. They continued on for another half an hour. Tuya broke the silence again. "Hey! So what should I call you?" The male fixed her hat before walking again. "You can call me anything!"

"Old-"

"Except that!!"

She laughs for the first time in a while as she caught up to him, an idea popped in her head. "Can I call you 'Teacher'?? Ooh or maybe 'Uncle'? I'm not sure why, but the just came to me!" She giggled before noticing he had stopped. She looks up at him, his eyes widen and face unreadable. Tuya tilts her head, suddenly worried. "Is.. that a 'no?'" The man shakes his  head before squatting down to her level. She yelps at a flick on her forehead. Tuya opens her mouth to say something in annoyance, But she noticed a small smile and eyes lowered with contentment. "Uncle is fine by me, kiddo. He stood and held his hand to her. "Let's keep treading on! Theres more I need to show ya!" Tuyas eyes gleam as she held his hand.

"Ok!"

Thanks For Reading!