Chapter 6

Maya exhaled as she sat outside of Riley's ward with Cory and Josh.
After she had a setback and had another seizure the doctors were called out an dnoe they are waiting to hear how it went and how Riley is doing.

"She has to be okay. She has a five year old, she wants more children somewhere along..."
"Cory that's enough," Josh said as he saw that Maya wa a getting anxious.
"She'll be okay, Maya," Josh said and Maya nodded as the doctor came out.

He exhaled looking the family and Maya in the eye as he sat down next to Cory.
He looked to the ground as he looked back at them.

"I'm so sorry. We lost her," he said as Maya looked at him.
"What?"
"There was nothing more we could do for her. I'm extremely sorry," he said as Maya exhaled bringing her mouth to her hand.

Cory shook his head storming out of the ward as the doctor went as well.
Josh exhaled as he moved closer to Maya allowing her to sigh deeply.

"She's dead," Maya said as she looked at Josh with shallow tears in her eyes.
"She's..."
"It's okay," Josh said.
"No it's not! What am I supposed to tell Lucas and Alexis? She was 22 Josh. She hasn't even turned 23 yet. How am I supposed to tell her husband and daughter they'll never see her again?" Maya asked and Josh exhaled trying to hold back his own tears as he laid his hand on Maya's back.

"You don't have to do it alone. I'll take Lexi then you can tell this to Lucas first. She'll understand," Josh said and Maya nodded.
"Can we do that now?" Maya asked and Josh smiled.
"Yeah, let's go," Josh said.

"Joshie," Alexis said going towards her uncle.
"Hey, Lexi,"Josh said picking up the five year old as Lucas immediately saw something was going on.
"Something happened with Riley," Lucas said as Maya and Josh looked at each other.
"Is Mommy okay?" Alexis asked.
"I wanna talk to Daddy. Go with uncle Josh, honey. I'll talk to you later," Maya said as the two of them went out.

"What's going on? Is she awake? Is that why you're..."
"No, Lucas. She's not awake. She had a setback," Maya said and Lucas looked at her.
"Is she okay?" Lucas asked and Maya shook her head.
"Okay, what is going on? Will..."
"She's gone, Lucas. She... She didn't make it," Maya said trying to stay strong while she could see Lucas was about to break down.
"This is a joke," Lucas said laughing as Maya wiped her tears away.
"Lucas, I'm so sorry but it's not. Riley is dead," Maya said.