Chapter 8

Maya exhaled as she saw how everyone was getting around the apartment preparing to tell Alexis that her mother wasn't with her anymore.
She shook her head pinching her eyes to try and stop the tears but couldn't manage.

"I'll go and get Alexis," Josh said going down the hall.
"Darling, don't you maybe wanna sit down?" Joe asked and Maya shook her head.
"No thanks," Maya said as Josh came out with Alexis.

"Look hso you've grown," Joe said picking her up.
"Where is Mommy, Pappy Joe?" Alexis asked and Lucas looked at his daughter.
"Lex come here," Lucas said as he crunched down to his daughter's level.

"I have some bad news to tell you, Honey. Your mommy... Your mommy isn't flung to come home," Lucas said trying to be gentle with the little one.
"Why, Daddy?"
"Baby, your mom got really hurt while she was in the hospital. You remember the first time you came to see me in the hospital? Your mom died shortly after that," Lucas said and Alexis looked at her father.
"No," she said with Shallow tears in her green eyes.
"Yeah, Honey. We wanted to wait until Pappy Joe was also here before we told you. Also that..."
"Mommy isn't gone," Alexis said and Maya exhaled knowing it was going to be hard.
"She is, Lexi. Mommy is gone. She's with great Pappy Alan in Heaven now. She isn't coming back," Lucas said as tears started to blink in his eyes.
"Daddy," Alexis said as Lucas smiled taking his daughter into his arms.
"It's okay, Baby," Lucas said and Maya ran out of the apartment with Josh following her.

"Maya," Josh said.
"Why? Why did she have to... I can't do this. I can't do this without her," Maya said crying as Josh pulled her close into his chest allowing her to sob.
"It's okay. Shh, it's okay Maya," Josh said stroking Maya's hair trying to get her to calm down.