Chapter 7

Maya exhaled as she shook her head slightly looking over her shoulder to where the five year old was playing.
Maya sighed knowing the hard part was now ahead of her.
Telling Alexis her mom is gone.

"How are you girls?" Topanga asked as she came through the apartment.
"When can I go and see Mommy?" Alexis asked and Maya looked at Topanga.
"Lexi can you go and play in your room please? I wanna discuss something with Glammy," Maya said.
"Yeah," Alexis said as she ran off to her room.

"I know..." Maya said leaning over the counter to check that Alexis can't hear her.
"I know Lucas wants to tell her but it's been a week. We can't just leave it until the funeral," Maya said.
"We're telling her tomorrow. Joe is also coming through and hopefully Lucas will then have the energy for it. He's also being discharged then," Topanga said and Maya nodded.
"Are you okay?" Maya asked.
"As okay as a mother with one less child can be. I gotta get home. Auggie is taking is bad," Topanga said as she was gone.

Maya exhaled as she went down the hall finding that Alexis was playing with her dolls in Maya's guest bedroom which now became the little one's temporarily room.

"Lexi, Pappy Joe is coming tomorrow are you excited?" Maya asked sitting down next to her.
"I wanna see my mom," Alexis said and Maya exhaled.
"I know. And I'll explain everything about your mom tomorrow okay? We are just waiting on Pappy Joe," Maya said.