Chapter 9

Maya looked in front of her as everything was slowly getting done with.
Today was the funeral and nobody was ready for that.
Alexis sat with Lucas wanting to be close to her dad during this time while Maya sat aside with Farkle and Smackle.
Thet watched as the preacher came up looking around at the faces.

"Friends and family. Today we are gathered to say goodbye to a dear person. A friend, a daughter, a wife and a mother. Dear people, Riley Eleanor Friar was a woman of great wonder. Giving birth to her first child at the age of 18 it was a miracle for everyone. Today we say goodbye to a remarkable woman. I want to welcome the first person to say something. Maya Hunter," he said as Maya walked towards the stage.

Josh watched as Maya walked past him wiping her tears away shortly.
He knew it was hard for many people especially for her and now she was here.

"Hi. I don't actually know what to say. Riley was one of the most special people I knew. She was remarkable giving each and every person a extraordinary relationship. She leaves behind a lot and she had her whole life ahead. I remember..." Maya said as her voice got lost.

Cory bumped Josh letting him know to keep a close eye on Maya in case she breaks down.

"I remember the first time I met her. The people I met through her, the laughter I shared with her," Maya said smiling as she bit her lip.
"Riley was loved by many and here, I have a message from her daughter, Alexis, which she wanted me to say," Maya said as she opened a note clearing her voice.

Dear, Mommy.
I know you had to go even if I'm still sad.
I know Daddy will take good care of me as well as Aunt Maya and Pappy Cory and Gammy Topanga.
I'm sad that you had to leave so fast.
You are now in heaven with great Pappy Alan and one day I'll be reunited with you.
I hope you're happy.
Love your baby, Alexis.

Maya looked over the crowd of people as she saw how Lucas was in tears as well as Cory.
She exhaled as she put the note away clearing her voice before she walked off.