glasses ; oneshot

"give your heart and soul to me and lifewill always be— la vie en rose

will always be— la vie en rose."

~

"damn," hermione hissed as she looked at the blurry words on her book. she looked nearer, still not being able to see it. she kept blinking and eventually, her head started to ache.

finally, she gave up and closed the book. groaning and sliding down the sofa chair, feeling quite useless as she did nothing.

draco walked in from the living room, supposedly to get a quill and some parchment, when he saw hermione looking pathetic on the chair.

he raised a brow at her. "what... the fuck are you doing, granger?"

"i'm drowning in the sorrows of not reading a book," she murmured, looking up at the ceiling.

draco rolled his eyes and picked up a book, handing it to her. she shook her head and pouted.

hesitantly, she said, "i can't read it."

"read what? is there a much-too-forward paragraph that doesn't appeal to your nerdiness?" draco asked sarcastically.

"n-no, i- it's just that- i-" she stuttered.

"spit it out, granger," he said frustratedly. malfoy wasn't a very patient person.

"i can't read them because they get blurry, alright?" hermione yelled out and slinked back into her chair, fumbling with the book she tried to read.

the boy was silent. well, it would make sense if she needed glasses. she reads anywhere at anytime. he would expect that her vision get a bit fucked up with all those words.

"well why don't you get glasses then, princess?" draco asked in a mocking tone, hiding the concern in his voice as he crouched down to meet her height while she sat on the chair.

"i do have glasses. i just don't like wearing them 'cause they're unflattering," she said shyly. draco got even more surprised, though he wouldn't show.

he left the room, and hermione looked at his retreating form. he was probably tired or exasperated, the girl guessed.

hermione was never a person to care about what others thought of her, but those glasses just look ugly in her opinion.

hugging her legs silently, she stared blankly at the intricately designed carpet on the floor of the head dorm's study.

that's when her pair of glasses showed up in front of her and she looked up to see draco handing them with an annoyed expression. "wear them."

"i don't want to, they're ghastly," hermione frowned, cringing at the pair of gold thin-wired spectacles.

"getting low marks because you can't study by reading your textbooks are much more ghastly and i'd rather not deal with your sulking arse," draco reasoned.