Chapter 8: One Flu Over The Cuckoos

*Last time on Total Drama Action... Imprisoned in a world they didn't create, forced to ingest deadly foods, and even to taste them twice. Nonetheless, the two courageous teams clawed their way to freedom! And... a lonely Chef made a new friend.*

Chef, "I'm gonna ride you 'til your confidence coats the back of a spoon and your self-respect forms the peas! No more mama's boy, DJ."

Chris, "But prison is no place for traitors. Even cool goth ones. So at the end of the day, it was 'Goodbye, Gwen, hello... Izzy?' Yeah. Izzy. That girl is eight shades of nutty. Will she drive everyone else crazy too? Find out now on Total. Drama. Action!"

I shoved my hands in my pockets as we waited outside of our trailers. "I still can't believe Gwen made a side deal with the other team. Didn't know she had it in her." I heard Duncan say, "Well, I can't believe they let Izzy back. They totally negated our numbers advantage. And that's the only advantage we had." Heather said, "Don't worry, we're still six compared to them." I told Heather and yawned, ignoring the Gwen part. "Well, goodnight everybody! Oh!" Lindsay yawned and tried to open the door. "Hey, who locked the door?" Duncan growled as he tried to open their trailer door. An ambulance wailed and stopped in front of us.

"Calm yourselves. No one's dead yet. I'm here to prep you plucky ducks for our most awesome challenge yet. These textbooks hold the sum total of eight years of med school." Chris said. I looked at the stack of books, "Let me guess, tomorrow we'll be playing doctors," I questioned as I scanned through a book I randomly picked. "Correct! But next time, don't interrupt me (Y/n)," Chris said. I shrugged and placed the book back.

(Confessionals)

*Duncan: I hate doctors. They just get off on telling people stuff that they don't wanna hear like, "Don't pick at that scab!" or "If you eat nothing but pickled eggs, you'll die." Hey, don't tell me what I can't eat. Now, playing doctor. Playing doctor I can handle.

*Harold: I could be a doctor if I wanted to. I have plenty of hands-on experience, 'cause I've contracted more than three hundred known diseases. And I've been cured of nearly all of them. But there is no known vaccine for loving Leshawna.

*(Y/n): I don't even want to studyyyy anything, been there, done that in homeschool.

(Confessionals Off)

"To win this challenge, you're gonna wanna memorize the entire contents of these textbooks. By morning." Chris informed us, I groaned loudly. "But it's already so late!" Harold exclaimed. "You got that right. What med school all-nighter would be complete without pizza?" Chris said and pointed to the pizza boxes. The others tried the pizza. I got myself a slice and tried it, "Who made this?" I asked and noticed Dj wasn't here the whole time. It was definitely Dj who made the pizza. I sat next to Heather as she studied. I was busy eating pizza, Leshawna and Duncan left.

(Confessionals)

*Heather: I could've forced them to stay, but it's not like they'll help us win. I mean, medical terms? Please. Those two will only come in handy if the challenge is about piercings or plus-size shopping. I just really wished (Y/n) studied instead of stuffing her face with pizza.

(Confessional Off)

"Now that Gwen's gone, we gotta watch our backs around Heather. I was thinking. What if you, me, and Harold form an alliance? Heather and (Y/n) are probably already in an alliance, so we can't ask her, and we have to watch our backs around her too." Leshawna told Duncan, who laughed, "Can't do that, (Y/n) and I am cool with each other. Plus, what, you and me and Harold? In an alliance?" He asked and laughed harder. "I'm serious!" Leshawna exclaimed, "Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatev." Duncan said and walked away.