Meggy's Horrible Nightmare

(This story was inspired by an rp between me and CristinaPerez682 . In fact, there might be some lines she wrote herself in there. Also, no thumbnail or intro for this one (for now), since I can't try to make the thumbnail look natural with the images I got, and the video feature does not wanna work with me right now.

Also, MOST OF THIS WAS MADE 1 DAY BEFORE I SENT THE HEARTFELT MESSAGE THAT CLEARED UP THE BAD THINGS I SAID (on the Conversations tab on my profile). IF SOME OF THESE OPINIONS SHOWN DON'T CLICK WITH YOU, EITHER FOCUS ON THE REST OF THE STORY OR LEAVE AND READ ANOTHER STORY.

I needed to say this because there are some... kinda risky things the characters said that reflected some of my opinions I left in there, so I hope those fly with you all.

Anyways, now that this long explanation is out of the way... enjoy.)

August 22, 2020

It was on that day... that Mario and Meggy were having a bit of a crisis. SMG4 uploaded his weekly video, and they saw that the Human form of Meggy now has a permanent English voice. Because of that, Mario was pissed at SMG4 for changing his Inkling again, while Meggy was getting existential on who she's supposed to be. They did have their friends and fans in Inkopolis to help tide them over, but... Meggy still felt unnatural.

Then came later that night. Mario wanted to forget the events of that day, while it was hard to do for Meggy.

Meggy: Mario... I don't think I can sleep tonight... I'm just still... filled with these emotions relating to my human form having nothing carried over from my Inkling form anymore...

Mario held Meggy close to his chest.

Mario: I completely understand that... and it's SMG4's fault for doing it. That bastard... always badly changing only you when there could be other characters that deserve a change... but I know who you are. You are an adorable, and super cool Inkling with a heart. What do you have that Human Meggy doesn't?

Meggy: Well... there's water being my kryptonite... I have a squid form and other things Inklings have that humans don't... I have better, more unique looks... an adorable voice...

Mario: You have all of those, and so do the other Inkling Meggy's in the multiverse if they exist... but what you have is a stupid, but lovable husband who loves you until the end.

Meggy blushed and smiled, as they kissed each other.

Mario: Plus you have a bigger caboose than the human, if ya know what I mean.

Mario smirked, and Meggy understood his message.

Meggy: Ooh, yeah, I got ya.

Meggy giggles, feeling much better, as she and Mario fell asleep while close to each other... but just then... her dream started.

In this dream, Meggy woke up in her apartment from the official SMG4-verse instead of her regular old small house she used to live in.

Meggy: Where... am I?

She looked in the mirror, seeing her Inkling form in the reflection.

Meggy: Oh, thank goodness... no human me.

She saw her Splattershot on the table and picked it up.

Meggy: And I know exactly what my main goal in my old life is. Time to train!

Meggy ran out of her apartment and out of the building, excited to start training. She saw Mario in the corner of her eye, waiting for her. She ran towards him and shot him with the Splattershot on her way, hitting Mario.