I could die here

The next morning, Lydia wakes me up extra early so we could get to the mansion by eight since we had to go by bus.

     After taking our bath and wearing our best dresses, we snuck out to the mansion since we wanted to avoid the teary goodbyes. Medusa knowing us so well had packed  breakfast for us though she was nowhere to be found. Guess she hated goodbyes too.

        The mansion was all we envisioned it to be. It had an antique and sophisticated exterior and we were only allowed in because security had our pictures. We didn't get to see the main house though because we were led to the servant quarters where we met the manger.

      ''Is this the servants quarters? Oh my God I could die here '' Lyd whispered, or tried to. Lydia can't whisper to save her life so naturally the manager heard her and smirked at us.

   ''You girls have to sign an NDA stating that you would be sued if you tell a soul about anything that goes on in this house. To the left are your rooms. You are expected to be awake and dressed before 6am every morning. You get two days off a month any day you want. Your main job is to clean but we can change jobs for you as seen fit. ''

      The manager rattled the instructions and we did our best to follow her.

          After we signed our NDAs we went to our rooms to settle in for the night.  Turns out we didn't have to pack all our stuff since we were supposed to be wearing uniforms .

        Lyd and I had our own rooms but we decided to sleep together since we were used to it anyways.

            After unpacking and settling in , we went to the staff common room to meet with the other maids after dinner.  There were twenty helps in total. Two chefs, two gardeners, a pool boy, five men who cleaned the compound and ten maids.  The maids were expected to clean the house everyday and serve the Andersons when asked to.

           '' Oh I'm so jealous of you guys. Working in the main house is a big deal. You get to meet the Andersons.'' Arliya said with mock hate. ''Especially Truitt, you might get to speak with him''. Yasmin added and then both girls squealed. 

             We met Arliya and Yasmin at the staff room  and we became friends immediately. Well they became friends with my twin since they were as perky as her but you get the point.  They practically stayed here with their whole family since their mom is a maid too and their dad is a gardener.

      ''Who is Truitt?'' I ask with a confused look on my face since I never heard of him when I did my research on the Andersons .

       '' OMG I can't believe you don't know of Truitt. He is the heir to the Anderson mansion '' Arliya stated ''And he is the richest twenty three year old in the world. He hasn't even received his inheritance yet'' Yasmin finished off for her. They seem to finish each others sentences a lot. Despite not being twins. It was honestly starting to get annoying.

       ''I thought Williams was the heir '' my sister voiced out my confusion. '' Truitt is Williams' middle name '' Yasmin responded with a duh look on her face.

        The girls then proceeded to tell us about how dreamy Truitt is and how they wish they were not stuck cleaning the visitors wing of the house so that they would have a chance to talk to Truitt.  Lola, the girls' mother heard us talking and came to sit with us. She looks so motherly and immediately started pampering Lyd and me when she heard we are orphans.

      ''Don't be fooled girls'' she started with a frown on her face. ''Life is not a fairytale and people like them only marry those from their class.  They would fool with you and deceive you to have a fun time. But be rest assured that they would never be allowed to marry a maid even if they wanted too''. Lola finished her speech and then left us saying we had a long day ahead of us tommorow.

            ''Don't mind mom. She has a thing against rich people. I still believe in true love though.'' Yasmin said before she and her sister went off after their mother.

        The twins had put such rubbish into Lydia's head and she wouldn't stop talking about how dreamy it would be to meet Truitt. I had to threaten to leave the room before she wouldfinally shut up for us to sleep.