Apologies and hugs

It's been two weeks since I took Lydia's phone and she still won't talk to me. She speaks with Efya though, which I find highly unfair since Efya was in on the theft.

Whenever we are in a room together, Lydia doesn't even look in my direction and she doesn't even behave like she hears me when I talk. She spends all of her time with Caleb and he picks her up in the morning and brings her back after her lectures are over.

I don'tknow what I did to make her so angry. I'm not really sure it's because I read her messages because I do it all the time.

Today is my second appointment with my OB-GYN and even though Efya offered to follow me, I told her I wanted to go with Lyd so I could sort things out with her.

Before I went to sleep yesterday, I told Lyd about the appointment but she didn't mind me so I don't really know if she would be going with me today.

After I got dressed, I went out of my room and was relieved to find out my twin was dressed and waiting for me. Even though we didn't talk on the way to the hospital, I was still happy that she followed me.

The doctor did another scan on me. This time, Lydia was allowed into the room. Lyd started tearing up when she head the heartbeat. After taking a copy of the sonogram, I followed the doctor to her office where she told me that everything was alright and my blood pressure was thankfully back to normal.

Lydia and I went straight back to the apartment after my appointment.

''I don't know why, but hearing the baby's heart beat has made your pregnancy more realistic. Maybe it's because you've not started to show '' . I was surprised to see Lyd looking at the sonogram as she spoke.

'' I've started to show just not through clothes. I wanted you to come see it the other night but you ignored me. '' I knew I was looking for trouble by bringing  up the silent treatment when she just started talking to me.

Lydia refused to look at me. She put all her attention into comparing the first sonogram to this one.

''I'm surprised that you were actually able to ignore me for two weeks. I'm surprised and hurt. I feel like we don't have that bond we used to share. We have never fought for that long and I was so scared that I was going to loose you. ''I said, tears pouring down my face.

My body shook as I cried. I don't know if it was the pregnancy hormones that made me cry so hard, but I felt so emotional and empty.

''I didn't ignore you totally. I made breakfast for you every morning and I always made sure you took your vitamins. The only reason I managed to stay away from you for so long is because you didn't look affected by my actions. It made me feel like you had replaced me with Efya. ''

''That's why you fought with me in the first place isn't it?. You fought with me because of how close I got to her''.

''No, I didn't mind that you got close with Efya. But you always force your friendships on me Neveah. When we were at the mansion,  I knew you weren't close with Yasmin so I never told her anything about you. Every thing she knew, you told her yourself. I got so angry when you wouldn't show me the same courtesy. ''

''You should have just told me. Instead of ignoring me you should have spoken to me about it. ''

''I did tell you about it Neveah. You just never take me seriously until I get really mad at you. ''

''I'm sorry Lydia. But no more silent treatment. I can't take it anymore. ''

I went to hug my sister . When we fought as children, Medusa would always tell us to apologize and hug so that tradition has stuck with us through out the years. My sister and I have been each others best friend since we were kids so it was really difficult letting people into our group. I know I can be over bearing but that is only because I don't want my sister to ever feel left out.

Efya called to tell us that she won't be going home so Lyd and I went to the mall to window shop.

We soon found a shop where they sold baby clothes and toys. Even though I was just twelve weeks along, Lydia bought a few toys and overalls for the baby. Since we didn't know the gender of the baby yet, She bought neutral colors.

When we got home, Lydia begged me to let her be in charge of decorating the baby's half of my room. Since the apartment had only three bedrooms, the baby was going to be staying with me in my room. We knew we would have to move into a bigger place once the baby had grown a bit.

Efya wasn't at home to cook so we ordered pizza and ate while we watched TV. 

''Do you think mom was as as happy as you are when she was twelve weeks pregnant with us? '' Lyd suddenly asked.

''I bet she was really excited. '' I responded and we both drifted into our own thoughts. Even though we had come to terms with being orphans, Lydia and I sometimes ask ourselves what our parents were thinking when they dumped us in the gutter. When I was a teenager, I used to cry myself to sleep wondering if weren't good enough.

''I'm going to pamper my little niece or nephew so much that he or she wouldn't even mind that we are the only family available. I bet you would be a strict mom so I would get to be the fun aunt. ''

Lydia and I spent the rest of the evening thinking about how she would spoil my kid.