What now?

''That's not possible. I've seen my period ever since that day and I am on birth control. ''

          ''Yeah but you took some medicine for headache after you cried the day before. That could have messed with the birth control.''

          ''Whose side are you on Lydia? You know I can't raise this baby. This is just great, I've tried so hard to forget him and then this happened ''

            ''What do you mean you can't raise the child, you want to abort it? ''.

        ''No! I could never do that, but I don't want this baby. I don't want to be tied to Truitt for the rest of my life.'' I'm all up for women's rights but I personally can't live with myself if I kill this child.

            ''You want to give the baby out for adoption? Nev, you have always hated our parents for giving us up and the first time you get the opportunity, you want to do the same. I can't believe you. ''

         '' I didn't say I want to give my child up''.

''Then what now? ''

''I don't know. I don't know what to do now, I don't even know how I feel. ''

           ''Lyd quit bothering her. Neveah, it's ok not to know what to do. It's a human life we're talking about. Do you know who the dad is? '' Efya said, coming behind to to rub my back.

         ''Yeah I do. But... '' My mind was so jumbled at this point. I started crying. More like wailing.

''Hey stop it. Let's get you upstairs ok? ''

           Efya helped me up to my room and then she tucked me in and used a wet towel to wipe my face.

  ''I going to my room now. Goodnight'' Efya said, giving me a hug.

''You should stay.''

           ''No have this talk with your sister. Just know that whatever your decision will be, I will whole heartedly support it ok? ''

After Efya left, Lydia snuggled in with me and comforted me as I cried.

'' Are you going to tell Truitt about his child? ''

              ''Maybe, let's just wait till I go to the hospital tomorrow. I think I have to tell him. I don't want to be the reason why my child wouldn't know his or her farther. If he chooses not to be in the baby's life, that's fine. ''

''What if he asks you to move back with the baby? ''

''Then he is mad. No one can tell me what to do.''

''They could send you to court for full custody of the baby. If they do that, you know they would win. ''

''What the duck is wrong with you Lydia?  Are you trying to give me anxiety, I'm worried enough as it is. ''

''I'm sorry. I just want to make sure that you know what you might be walking into. ''

I didn't answer my sister because I didn't know what to say. All I know is, I'd rather die than let Cruella raise my baby.

I fell asleep in my sister's arms thinking about how my life was about to change.

             Lydia had a test this morning so she couldn't skip school. Efya took me to a private hospital so that we could confirm if I was pregnant or not. The doctor did a scan after we showed her the results of the test I did the day before.