Emotional blackmail .

Lydia and I slept in this morning since we had nowhere to be. After we finally woke up, we had a late breakfast before we went over to see Medusa.

When we got to the orphanage, the girls were still at school so the whole place was quiet. Medusa opened the door for us and told us Hannah informed her that we got fired.

Being as caring as she is, Medusa asked us what we planned to do with our lives now. We declined when she offered to get us a new job and then we informed her about our plan to go to Ghana. Even though she was stunned at first, Medusa understood why we wanted to go so far away.

She offered to help is get our visas to Ghana. Since we planned on studying there, we had four years until we needed to get work permits. Medusa assured us that she knew some people who could help us get our papers really quickly. When we sorted out that issue, Medusa assured us that the orphanage would pay for  our schooling in Ghana but we had to give them the name of the University we wanted to attend.

By the time  the girls came back from school, we had sorted out what we could . The girls were so excited when they saw us so we stayed for dinner and helped with some chores before we finally went back to our motel room.

     Lydia and I started researching about schools in Ghana. Since we decided that we wanted to  stay in the capital city, we searched for the best universities in Accra and finally settled on Legon. We forwarded the school we had chosen to Medusa since she was the one in charge of preparing all the paperwork. We were both sure we could get into legon because we had a high GPA. That's how we got the scholarship in the first place.

After we were done with our official work, Lydia and I became fascinated by the different cultures in Ghana. We continued researching  about the things we were supposed to expect when we got to there.

          The next two weeks were very hectic for us since we had so little time to prepare for a major move in our lives. It was a constant blur of going to the embassy and trying to get our grades transferred to Legon. It was all worth it when we finally finished with all the paperwork and we could relax. The orphanage had successfully gotten our records to Legon and the had sorted out a payment plan and now the school was expecting us.

After we finished sorting out all the important paper work, we had to shop for all new summer clothes since Ghana would be quite warm. Lydia and I were in our motel room watching TV when Jenny called Lyd and asked us to come over.

''Jenny, Neveah and I are really tired and we want to rest for our flight tomorrow. ''

Lydia and I were suppose to leave for Ghana the next day so we had spent the whole day packing and making sure we had all of our documents.

'' Since your flight will be taking off early tomorrow, we all wanted to see you before you had to go. But it's ok if we aren't important to you anymore, you don't really have to come. '' Despite knowing Jenny was trying to blackmail us emotionally, Lydia and I went over to the orphanage since we wanted to say goodbye to the girls.

We were shocked to find out the girls had   thrown a surprise party for us. They had invited everyone in the neighborhood and they prepared all our favorite foods.  We spent that evening reminiscing about our childhood and all the fun times we had at the  orphanage.

The goodbye party quickly turned teary when the girls present us each with an album. It was half filed with pictures of the orphanage and Medusa asked us to fill the rest of it with the new memories we would make in Africa.

The presentation of the gifts made us sad a little bit but we all became lively when Jenny started teasing Medusa for crying. We ended the memorable night by playing our all time favorite board game, monopoly.

Lydia and I were so tired  at the airport the next morning. Thirty minutes into our flight, we both slept off. We didn't start feeling like normal human beings until we had to change planes. As we got closer to Ghana, our excitement grew so we weren't able to sleep again.

When we finally got to Ghana, we could immediately feel the difference in the weather when we got down from the plane. After going through immigration, we got our bags and asked a taxi driver if he knew any cheap hotels near the Legon university. When he nodded affirmative, we got into the taxi and enjoyed the scenery as we drove off to our new beginning.