Not this again

I woke up this morning to the sound of Tsunami's crying. She always wakes up early. She gets it from her dad I guess because I sure as hell am not a morning person.

I carry Tsu so that she knows she isnt the only one awake. This calms her and she stops crying. Truitt worked till late yesterday so I'm not surprised he hasn't woken up yet.

When I pick my phone to check the time, I see that Lyd and Efya had blown up my phone with calls and messages. They were worried about me and wanted to know where I was. I know that Lydia won't be happy if she finds out I'm with Truitt and I'm so not ready to fight with my sister this morning .

I bath Tsu and give her baby food before I ordered for breakfast on Truitt's credit card of course.

When the food got here, I woke Truitt up so he can have breakfast before going back to sleep.  The whole scene felt so homey as we all had breakfast in bed and we wasted the whole morning .

Later that day, Truitt had to send us home since I wanted to change and Tsu had no more food. 

''You know my sister can me mean at times. Don't take anything she says personally. She's just looking out for me.''

We were on our way back to the apartment and I was just preparing Truitt for what he should expect. I know Efya would be ecstatic about the news but Lydia on the other hand would not like it one bit. I can practically hear all the insults she would throw at me.

''Where the fuck have you been Neveah?  No calls, no messages and you have the effrontery to send me a two worded text this morning. ''

Lydia didn't even let us enter the house properly before she started yelling at me.

''One, no cussing in front of the baby.  I'm so sorry I didn't call or text but we were fine. I'm not a baby Lydia. ''

''Where were you two? ''

'' We slept over at Truitt's. ''

''Oh my God. Not this again.'' Lydia said looking from me to Truitt.

''Lyd, Truitt and I are together. ''

Efya started to squeal but Lydia sent her a look that silenced her immediately. Sensing a storm, Efya quickly took Tsunami and went into her room. That's one of the main reasons I love Efya so much. She knows when to mind her business.

''After all they put you through, you still want to date him? When he ditched you, that was the saddest I had seen you in my life. But then he comes running back and you open up your hands for him. Neveah, don't be dumb. ''

Truitt tried to talk but I shushed him and answered my sister myself.

''I have a child with him. It's only fair to Tsunami that I at least try to give her a perfect family. ''

''Oh please, cut the crap. We both know this isn't about Alexa.''

''Ok fine, I love him. That should be enough reason for you to support me. I've supported you in everything you've ever done. No matter what happens I'm always there for you and I think you should return the favor. ''

After I spoke, Truitt was looking at me with shock in his eyes. Even though he has told me he loves me severally, this is the first time I'm admitting my love for him out loud.

Lydia softens her glare and pulls me into a hug.

''You know I love you sis. I can be a little hot headed but I always want the best for you.  I can see how happy you are with him. Just be careful please. '' I whispered an OK into my sister's ear and then I kissed her cheek.

Lydia's glare hardened when she turned to look at my boyfriend.

''I've still got my eyes on you dork. We are in Africa now, no one knows how much you are worth. Hurt my sister and I murder you, worst case scenario, I plead for insanity. ''

Truitt laughed at my sister's lame ass threat and she in turn glared at him.

After every thing was said and done, I called Efya out and Truitt kissed Tsu good bye. He still had a lot of work to do so he had to go. He asked Efya and Lyd out to dinner and told me I could tag along. I walked Truitt to the front door as he waited for his uber.

''That went well. '' he said immediately we were out of my sister's ear shot.

''Yeah. I think she kind of expected this to happen. I'm glad she didn't make a scene. ''

''Me too. But I'll miss you. ''

''We're going out for dinner tonight ''

''That's far away. I almost don't want to go anymore ''.

''You have tons of work waiting for you. You have to go you oaf''.

''Ouch, you hurt my ego, now you have to kiss it better. ''

Before I could run, Truitt caged me between his arms and the wall and he captured my lips in the sweetest of kisses.  He only stopped when his uber finally arrived.

When I went back inside, Lydia was nowhere to be found but Efya kept me busy. After gushing about Truitt for a while, she asked me why Lyd was upset.

I decided it was time I trusted Efya with my past since I already knew almost everything about her.

Starting from the orphanage, I told Efya everything that happened until I met her. After listening to my story, she started teasing me and asking me if Truitt had any cousins. I was so greatful she decided not to dwell on my sob story.

After talking with Efya for a while, I left her with Tsu and I went into Lydia's room.

''Hey big sis''. Lydia laughed when I called her that.

''I'm happy for you. ''

''It sure doesn't feel that way. ''

''I am happy ok, but at the same time I'm sad. You are my twin. It's always been just you and me but now you have a daughter and Truitt''. I laughed at the way Lydia spat out Truitt's name as if it was poison in her mouth.

''It doesn't matter how many more children I have or who comes into my life. You would always be my twin and I love you. You have Caleb don't you? ''

''I do. But what if he convinces you to move back with him? ''

''I can't be so far away from you and you know it. Truitt likes it here and he is able to manage his business just fine.  I don't know what the future holds but all that matters is that I love you. ''

''I love you too baby sis.''

    It was soon time for the dinner. Truitt has rented a car for the occasion and he picked us up at six.

The dinner was beautiful and lively. I was scared it would have been awkward but Truitt vibed with Efya and even though Lydia tried to give him a hard time, she still enjoyed his company.

.