I feel wierd

After having a day off,  it was hard waking up early for work the next day so Lydia and I were late for the first time since we started working here. Hannah was a little late too so she didn't notice.

              I suspected foul play immediately I was told that I have no work because Truitt said he needed me for something. After instructing me to always call any member of the Anderson family  sir or madam, Hannah led me to Truitt's bedroom. Turns out it wasTruitt I woke up on my first day here. Phew.

           ''Good morning sir'' Hannah greeted as we walked into the room. Surprisingly, Truitt was already dressed and seated on one of the couches in his room. Hannah nudged me when she noticed I was ready to talk.  ''I'm here as you requested sir'' I said in my best official voice. After being satisfied with my demeanor, Hannah left the room.

       Immediately the door closed Truitt shuddered dramatically. ''Never call me sir again Neveah. I feel wierd about it''.  ''But sir, Miss Hannah says I'm always to refer to you by your tittle. '' I respond in a mocking voice. Truitt just wrinkled his face in response. He seems to do that a lot. It's cute though.

                   As I expected, Truitt didn't need me for anything and his excuse was that he didnt want his reading partner to be tired.

                 We spent most of the day watching movies on netflix and a maid brought Truitt's lunch at 1:00pm. We ended up eating together since the food they brought could feed three people. After lunch, I went to pick my laptop and then I met Truitt at the garden. I didn't get any writing done since Truitt forgot the story book in his room and insisted that I entertained him. We decided to watch a movie on my laptop.

                  We were watching what happened to Monday?  And then Truitt asked me if I've ever imagined how it would feel to have a twin. I told him about Lydia and he was shocked. He said he was jealous of me and I shoved him and said how could he be jealous of an orphan when he had all that riches.

           Even though the news about me being an orphan phased him out a bit, he didn't dwell on it or give me a pitying look. He instead made me talk  about the orphanage. I told him about Medusa and the girls and all the fun times we had together.

            Even though the funds given to Medusa wasn't enough most of the time, she still made sure we had everything we needed and she took care of us like a true mother would. When any of the little girls would get sad about being an orphan, Medusa would tell them the story of how they were found in a more magical way.

          ''I remember when Lyd and I first found out what it means to be orphans. We cried most of the day. Medusa then told us that we were princesses from far away and that we were too powerful so people wanted us dead. She said our parents loved us so much so they brought us here to be safe. We figured out it was lies later on but the story served its purpose at the time. ''

             Truitt listened attentively to my rambling and at the end he said '' you really love the orphanage''. It was more of a statement than a question so I didn't say anything.

            '' You are really lucky to have enjoued your childhood ''.

    ''Stop saying stuff like that. You were born with a golden spoon in your mouth. Stop talking as if you are the most unfortunate person on this universe. ''

''You think just because I was born rich that I am happy?  You don't know how it feels to be the only child among hundreds of adults. As an only child, I've never had anyone to share the burden of  my parents' expectations. I've been home schooled my whole life and the only friends I have are those who would benefit us financially. I'm twenty three for crying out loud and I have nothing I can call my own. All the money I have, it's for my dad. So pardon me if I think you've lived a better life. ''

         ''Oh boo hoo, the the Anderson heir is lonely. '' I know my response to his plight was mean but I was honestly getting tired of his complaints. At my reply,  Truitt glared at me and got up to leave the garden. I started feeling guilty and stopped him before he went far.

           '' Look, I'm not saying your problems are irrelevant but you shouldn't focus on the bad side of life. You have both your parents and you have enough money to get whatever you want. You are old enough to leave this mansion if you wanted to. So you don't get to blame anyone for your situation. You think it is easy growing up an orphan,? You think it is fun? Living in an orphanage packed to the brim with girls and not enough rooms or even food. You think it was fun staying in an orphanage for your whole life because nobody wanted two girls with asthma?  It wasn't fun Truitt but you have to learn how to live with it. Turn your lemons into lemonade. ''

             After my big speech,  Truitt still left the garden and I sunk back unto the blanket and closed my eyes. I replayed our conversation  severally but I still couldn't bring myself to regret anything I said to him. 

                I guess I slept off because the next thing I remember Lyd was shaking me awake. She helped me pack my stuff and we went to the apartment. Dinner was ready when we got there and we all sat down at the dinning table to eat.

           Halfway through dinner, Lydia cleared her throat. '' So, the blanket ''.

      ''What about the blanket, Lydia? '' I ask suddenly losing my appetite. I so wasn't in the mood for this.

       ''The blanket was gucci Neviah. We can't afford a gucci blanket. Where did you get it from? Please don't tell me you stole it. ''

I couldn't believe my ears. Of all the accusations .

         ''Why did you even ask?  Seems like you have made up your mind already.'' I excused myself from dinner and ran to my room. Suddenly feeling overwhelmed, I couldn't help but cry.

       Lydia came in and apologized for her accusations. She knew I wasn't crying about what she said though so she forced  me to tell her what happened.  I told her everything that happened and she just listened to me and engulfed me in a hug.

      After I was calm enough, she told me she knew something was up when I blew up at the dinner table. She meant what she said as o joke and she was so surprised when I took it personally. 

As I drifted off to sleep, Lydia told me to careful and that she would always be there for me.