Dates and headless chickens.

It's been a couple of months since Lyd and I had our big fight. She and Caleb have become an item so he is always at our house.

        I've stopped going for classes though because I'm thirty three weeks along in my pregnancy and the doctor says I might pop any moment. Efya and I have gotten close and she is the first best friend I've had. Apart from Lydia. Efya brings me all my assignments and she explains the topics I don't understand.

Lydia and I turned nineteen some months ago and we celebrated it with Caleb and Efya. We went out to have a quiet dinner after which my sister went to the club with Caleb. I couldn't go because of the baby and Efya decided to stay with me.

Since my baby is  almost due, Lydia is done decorating her side of my room. If you didn't notice, I'm having a girl🤗🤗. We were all so excited when we found out the baby baby was a girl. Lyd has bought her a shit ton of baby clothes even though she would grow out of them quickly.

Efya and I are at home alone today since my sister is on a date with her boyfriend.  After dinner, Efya and I decided to watch a movie when I started getting contractions. I was told they were supposed to come gradually but these ones came all at once and they were hurting a lot.

''I think the baby is coming. '' I told Efya when she turned to look at me.

''Oh my God, what do you want me to do? Should I give you a massage?''

''No, get me to the hospital '' Even though I was the one in labour, Efya was more scared than I was. She helped me get to her car and then we couldn't open the door.

''Efya, you forgot your car key'' After Efya brought the key, we realized she wasn't wearing any slippers and she had left my hospital bag in the room.

By the time we were set to go, Efya had gone back into the house about five times. On the way to the hospital, I called Lyd and she promised to meet us there.

''Slow down Efya, or I won't even be alive to deliver this baby. ''  Efya was really speeding in order to get me to the hospital on time. By the time we got to the hospital, Lyd and Caleb were already there. They helped me to the ER and luckily, my doctor was around.

After doing a few tests on me, she told us I wasn't due yet and that I was having a false labor. The doctor explained that this happens to most first time mothers and that there was nothing to worry about.

''I'm sorry I ruined your date and scared you for nothing ''. I apologized to my sister and her boyfriend as they walked me back into the apartment.

''Are you kidding me? I would rush you back to the hospital right now if you complain about another contraction'' Lyd said smacking my hand.

''On the bright side, this false labour has made us realize how unprepared we are for this baby. You guys should have seen how panicked Efya was. She run around the apartment like a headless chicken. ''

Efya turned to shove me playfully when I teased her. After we were all done laughing about everyone's reaction to the labour, we decided to continue watching the movie Efya and I started earlier.

I wore only a sports bra because I felt really warm. During the movie, Lydia placed her hand on my stomach and the baby moved.

The baby started moving a while back and Lyd didn't stop poking my tummy for about a week. I got really mad at her one day when she poked my tummy and the baby moved and laid at the back which caused me a lot of back aches . That ended the absurd ritual.  I still find it really wierd when the baby's hand our foot appears on my belly.

    ''The baby moved when she felt my hands. She knows me already ''. Lydia exclaimed. 

''Don't worry little Lydia, aunty loves you too. ''

''I am not naming my baby after you. I wouldn't want her to be as crazy as you are. ''

''Fine don't name her after me then, I wouldn't want my name near the Anderson's anyways ''.

Lydia and I had this huge argument when I told her the baby wouldn't have our surname and she always found a way to show her dislike for my decision every time.

'' I'm not having this argument with you. My baby will bear her father's last name and that's final''

''You can put Anderson on her birth certificate but she would always be a White in my books'' Lydia said, looking away nonchalantly. I looked to Efya for help but she decided to stay out of our business.

I stood up and left the parlour because Lyd was getting on my nerves as usual. I guess it's true when they say that the person you love the most annoys you the most during pregnancy or sickness..

As expected, Lydia came to my room and sat on the bed.

''It wouldn't kill you to knock''

''Oh please, this is my room too by extension '' Lydia said making me roll my eyes.

''I know it upsets you when I bring the name issue up. It just infuriates me that you would name the baby after them after all they out you through. ''

''I'm not doing for them. I'm doing it so my baby has an identity. Isn't it sad that the only thing my baby has of her father is his blanket? '' Yes, I had brought Truitt's blanket with me.

''Can't she have an identity when she uses White? I don't even care what you name her as long as its not Anderson. ''

''Would you love the baby less because she is an Anderson? ''

''Of course not. ''

''Then it doesn't matter what her last name is. Did you come here to apologize or start another argument?''

''I came to apologize. ''

'' I didn't hear any sorry''.

''Stop being a bitch. I know my apology is accepted because you love me too much. Now would you stop throwing a tantrum and come join us?''

''I would join you but I am really tired. I guess the false labour drained me. Enjoy your movie, good night sis.''

'' Good night. Good night little Lydia. '' I didn't even bother correcting my sister because I felt so sleepy.