ray | friends?

ray's pov
"This must be one of the hottest nights we've had all summer" i heard y/n mutter as she exited the 7eleven and collapsed next to me. The rest of us agreeing quietly and nodding. We were all sitting around in the parking lot, exhausted from a whole day of skating around in this sweltering weather.
I froze completely as my head turned towards her allowing me to take in her appearance. The red neon lights made her glistening skin glow with a red tint, her exposed chest rising and falling as she took a deep breath.
I stared as she brought her slurpee's straw up to her lips, wrapping them around it and sucking lightly. Some of the red liquid trickled down her lips, tinting them a deep red color. I couldn't take seeing her like this. My eyes flickered towards hers since i felt her gaze on me. She was staring at me, amused by how i was clearly drooling over her. She let out a small giggle as she bit her tinted lips softly, still making eye contact. God, she was killing me.
These last few days i have been looking at y/n differently, i been frequently trying to get her attention and impress her while skating and i get this uneasy feeling every time we make eye contact. I don't know what made me so attracted to her, but lately i can't handle myself around her. Not to mention i become furious every time i catch one of the boys checking her out. I wasn't sure if she felt the tension too, i mean for all i knew we were just friends.
"Uhm, i'll be right back" I abruptly got up as i barely managed to let out that sentence, overwhelmed by my thoughts. I started to hurriedly to walk through the dark streets as i heard a faint "Wait up!". I focused on the orange glow of the street lights, barely illuminating my path, as i tried to ignore y/n's footsteps.
Suddenly, i felt a hand yank my upper arm, making me spin in my place. And there she was, y/n was panting as she looked at me with a worried face. "What's wrong?" she almost whispered. Our sudden proximity made me unable to even answer, making silence linger in the air for a few moments.
I noticed how her eyes slowly drifted to my lips as she slowly inched closer to me. The last thing i heard was her taking a shaky breath before i grabbed her from both sides of her face and kissed her. My brain was lit on fire as she quickly reacted, wrapping her arm my neck, pulling me closer. We stumbled backwards until her back met the wall, letting out a thud, which made us both pull apart. As i stared down at her expectant face, i knew our feelings were mutual.
///
I don't know what i was going for when i started writing this but this definitely wasn't it. Lmao