Prologue

That day might as well haunt him for the rest of his life

That day might as well haunt him for the rest of his life. How everything was turned upsidedown by a misconception. His life ruined as everyone had turned against him.

And nothing could take back those moments.

He was walking down into the common room, small form wracked by exhaustion. Training had picked up after All Might retired, every student picking up the pace to replace the symbol of peace.

A hush was over the room when he walked in, raising his arms over his head and yawning softly. Looking back to this moment, he wished he noticed the tense silence.

"Morning" he drawled, barely comprehensible as it was still in the middle of his yawn.

Tearing his eyes from the roof, they landed on the silenced teens. Green pools shifting from tired to confused in seconds, brows raising as he noticed all eyes on him. Anxiety tugged at his heart, urging him to leave, he didn't listen.

"What's wrong...?" He trailed off, a nervous energy waving off him as his hand twitched.

Why was everyone acting so odd?

Wanting to speak again, he gets interrupted by a body slamming into his. He was knocked to his stomach with a cry of pain, body being held down, causing whimpers to escape his lips.

"Midoriya Izuku, you are under arrest for first degree murder and affiliation with the league" his confusion expanded tenfold, not matching with his terror but still there.

He had to pause to take in the information, "w-what?" Disbelief was clear in his tone, voice wavering from the pounds of fear attacking his nerves.

"Why would I kill someone?!" He suddenly shouted, tears threatening to spill, "I want to be a hero!" Those words were choked out and something was shoved into his mouth.

Izuku's head jerked to the side as tears streamed down his face, the person holding him down telling him to "put a lid on it." Being pulled to his feet, he tried to scream, shutting his eyes tight, but muffled sounds only escaped his lips.

His green specs shone with desperation, staring at his classmates, pleading for help. Struggling continued, and he locked eyes with Kacchan. Meeting ruby eyes only to feel anguish at the emotions set into place, helplessness. The pure amount of helplessness that leaked from those jewels told Izuku that the male believed him to be innocent, but it was surprising to see such genuine weakness in his childhood friend's eyes.

That was the last thing he saw before everything went black. A sharp pinch of his skin had his body shut down, going limp as his eyes fluttered shut. The stream of tears slowly stopped and his muffled screams grew shorter and quieter. He only wished for help.

And no one came.
_____ _____ _____ _____

When he came to, he was in an empty room. It was cold and dimly lit, a singular hanging light held overhead. Seemed like a cliche cop movie interrogation to him.