Chapter 11

Tic tic tic tic-

Tic tic tic tic-

The thrumming of the clock allows him to stay centered. Allows him to stay sane(even if it was annoying him to the point of wanting to smash the damn thing). Vibrant pools were locked on the screen in front of him.

An e-mail. Usually it wouldn't be much of a problem, just another thing involving work. But this wasn't that.

Blue rays reflected onto his skin, giving the same colored sheen. The arrowed cursor hovered over the e-mail, shifting to a pointing finger as he clicked the mouse.

Shifting his gaze over the words swiftly wouldn't work. It wasn't necessary with the one paragraph of information. This wouldn't work based on the shock that engulfed him.

He could swear that the world stopped spinning. Frozen over and filled him with icy dread and regret. One bony finger drags the mouse up the desk and clicks out, before opening the e-mail once again. He wasn't seeing things.

"Midoriya Izuku has been proven innocent of all allocations after further investigation. It has been made clear that Midoriya was framed for his crimes, thus being set free."

More information was on the screen. Unable to be comprehended under the shock. Deep seated grief dragged down the emancipated form. The blond's eyes reading the words over and over again.

Proven innocent. Framed. Set free. Proven innocent. INNOCENT.

Yagi Toshinori was wrong. He listened to the hero comission's words and held onto them like they were the meaning of life. That his successor was guilty of murder and association with the league. How didn't he see that it was all fake? How did he believe them over his successor?

Not. Not successor anymore. He doesn't have one, One for all hadn't accepted another user. There was no familiar buzz of the quirk present in his body. Yagi didn't even know if he could pass the quirk back on anymore.

Fear bubbled in his veins at the implications of Izuk- Midoriya being released. What would the young man do now(and how weird was it referring him as a man rather than child)? Will he go on with his life? Or get revenge?

What if he gets revenge?

No. That'll never happen. Midoriya doesn't have a bad bone in his body. And he's quirkless now, he can't do anything quirkless. He wasn't able to do anything without a quirk(and can't do much now) so there's no threat present.

Everything will be fine. The young man will probably continue on with his life. Hopefully he'll be able to find a good paying job(if they ignore the fact that he is an ex-hero student and was in prison for over two years, they won't). It'll end out well in the end. With the hero trainees almost on their way to growing up into full fledge heroes, a new era is on the way. One of peace. Nothing too bad can happen.

Right?
______ ______ ______

A phone ringed. The shrill sound knocking the adult from his slumber. He groaned, irritation consuming his rubies. It took too much effort to snatch the blaring device from the desk side, exhaustion weighting down his bones.

The screen of his phone blinded him. In the top right corner of the screen, it showed the time 11:57 PM. And the number calling him was unknown, but a number from Japan by the looks of it.

Huffing, he sits up and answers. "Yes? Who is this?" He asks, keeping his voice from falling into annoyance and sitting on indifference.

"Is this Midoriya Hisashi?" Blinking, Hisashi pauses, trying to process the question.

Nodding he answers with a hum, "Yeah, now who is this?"

There's a few seconds of silence, "This is Detective Tsukauchi, apologies for calling so late" The voice was far from apologetic, more serious.

Wait. A detective. From Japan. "Is everything alright with my family" he blurts, worry edging his tone that turns frantic in seconds.

Hesitantion follows and a deep breath being sucked in, "d-did no one tell you?"

A puff of smoke escapes his lips as he asks his question, "tell me what?" The query demanded answers.

"Your son has been in jail for around two and a half years" shock settled into his form, red eyes widening. "He was released recently, and after asking the prison guards some questions, I learned that your wife probably wouldn't take care of him"

What.

"She what" he ground out, "why won't she take care of Izuku?"

Another few seconds before an answer was given. "Their last interaction ended in her cussing him out and refusing to believe that he was her son, as well as less than ideal name calling"

"Do you know where he's currently staying?" His anger is pushed aside for worry of his boy, worry bubbling and rearing it's ugly head. He didn't feel good about any of this.

"Midoriya has practically dissapeared off the grid" a deep sigh is heard from the phone, "I was working on-"

The sound of a door being slammed open startled Hisashi. It almost made him look to his door, but the sound wasn't right for it to be next to him. So he concluded that it was from the phone.

Urgent chatter, which mind you, was incomprehensible to him, filled the silent space. His breathing followed, adding a sort of melody of anxiety and anger into the same spectrum. The hum of the air conditioning urged him to ram his head into the wall.

"I'm sorry Midoriya, but it seems your son has been seen impeding on an arrest" there was something odd in his tone. Hesitance, fear? Oh, there was a consecutive tapping sound that he could pick up. Morse code.

The message was brief. Something around the lines of an S.O.S. and actual information. The word "framed" made itself known, aswell as "comission." This didn't sound good.

Hisashi's voice calmed significantly. "I'm so sorry for the trouble my son may be causing you" acting was one of his specialties, hopefully his sleep wouldn't ruin the act, "I'll be making my way back to Japan to wrangle the boy" still can't accept that his son is an adult.

Wait. Did that mean his gifts and letters didn't reach the boy. Damnit. He's going to have a long talk with Inko, and maybe end their relationship depending on her reaction, when he gets back.

"That's good to know, again, I'm sorry for waking you up, have a good night" the phone clicked, and his urge to slam his head into the wall increased tenfold.

Just what did his son get himself stuck into?
________________

Published: Jan 31, 2021

Sooo..... I thought I wanted Hisashi to make an appearance. And who knows, he may play a big part in the storyline. Next time will most likely have Inko's reaction and the conversation between her and Hisashi. Oh and possible classmate reactions to him being released(with knowledge of him being framed).

Sorry for the very late update.