| Prologue |

| Prologue| 

Many years had passed since the last time the lone sorcerer, Mage Cian, stepped foot in the North.

For the mage had not been a huge fan of the cold weather. Despite his constant travelling when he is not leading the small community of White Witches and Warlocks that he had built for himself way in the East, he always chooses to stay away from the cold parts of the region, keeping it low and warm. Yet, he is risking it all today, as the North had always been known as the coldest part of the region. Particularly in times like now, when winter is near.

The cold temperature in the North is just starting to pick up as Mage Cian finally arrives at where he should be, letting him know that his time is almost up. He knows that he needs to make pace if he wants to make sure that everything will run according to what fate has planned.

There is no sign of the snow to arrive on this part of the land just yet, but the ground has already started to become frosty as the dead leaves and gravel crunch underneath his boots on his way to the edge of the forest. It doesn't take him long before he emerges through the dense trees and finds himself staring at the rocky wall at the foot of the mountain. He continues his short walk just as the sky begins to grow darker, tracing the rocky hill until he is standing right at the mouth of a dark cavern that would soon be covered under a mountain of snow.

With no more time to waste, Mage Cian enters the cave with calm and grace, without making so much of a noise. Using his magic, he lights his way in to reach the heart of the cavern, making sure to get through the dark without disrupting the peace and quiet. He needs to tread his way in carefully if he wants things to go on without a hitch.

Especially when he is dealing with a special case such as this one.

He begins to slow down his pace as he reaches the end of the tunnel. The mage is caught completely off guard when he finds the occupant of the hidden cavern sitting up against the rocky walls, its dark fur blending into the darkness while a pair of dark eyes are watching him closely as he carefully moves closer.

"There you are, old friend," Mage Cian greets the magnificent beast with a sense of familiarity that comes from an old acquaintance but also with deep and genuine respect. Meanwhile, the creature only responds to him with his deep growls, constantly vibrating from within his chest and gently shaking the cavern walls.

"Have you been expecting me? What an interesting surprise to see you up and awake. I had expected to see you preparing to sleep already. It is the start of winter, after all, the time when bears would normally sleep for a long time through the cold. Isn't that right, old champ?"