| Fifteen |

Without Mage Cian and Anya around, time seems to be moving terribly slowly.

You always hate waiting, and you hate it even more when you have no idea just what you are supposed to be waiting for. And with no clue of what to expect, and no other distraction occupying your mind, every single thought and insecurities about your mating that have been wandering back and forth into your troubled mind are all coming back to you tenfold.

Seokjin, however, has begun to continue on with his days as if life has never gone into turbulence.

Each morning, you would wake up to find Seokjin already on his routines, going back to the same pattern that you both had accomplished together since before Mage Cian's arrival and going into his mission. Seokjin would wake up early in the morning, when the sun has barely come up, then goes straight out of the cabin to do some workout, cut firewoods, and he would occasionally jog down to the riverbank to catch some fish for dinner or fill the stock in the fridge with fruits, vegetables, and wild herbs that he could find in the woods.

As someone who has been completely in tune with your moods, he seems completely oblivious to the turmoil happening inside you.

While he carries on with life like he used to (the same way since he came back to live normally in his human form, at least), you continue to feel the dread of guilt clawing you from within whenever you look at him. And the guilt is enough to make you keep your distance from him. The attraction you have been feeling for him is still there, so it is purely unintentional on your part. Yet, even as the pull of the bond and your pure attraction have only been growing stronger ever since you found out that the two of you are mates, the haunting guilt that you feel from being somehow related to his painful past always pushes you away. Like there is an invisible wall building up between you, and neither of you had been responsible for making it happen.

"I am never leaving this place ever again."

You have been stirring the pot absentmindedly in the kitchen while your mind is travelling all over the place that you didn't notice Seokjin walking in from outside, bringing some dust of snow in with him, until he has the door slammed close. He kicks off his snow-covered boots and throws himself onto the old sofa, his body is stretched out over the shabby furniture to make it look smaller than it should.

"What was that?"

Seokjin turns his head and throws you a glance. "I just made a vow not to leave this place and stay safe until the day I die."

The way he is looking at you when he says those words send your heart fluttering, but there is something in the way he speaks, and the way his smirk slowly begins to grow, which makes you feel a bit lighter on the shoulders.

"Well, I certainly have no objection to that," you answer him with a laugh, while secretly wishing that you can possibly manifest it to come true. Perhaps life would be much better, simpler, if you have nowhere else to go and you could just stay in this cabin forever, hidden from the whole world, from the uncertainty lying in wait in your future, and mostly, from the haunting past that seems to be creeping up on you.