2. 𝓣𝓸 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓸𝓷𝓮

Chapter Two

Nobody's life starts off bad right?
That's why people say your childhood is stress free
But that wasn't exactly the case for me

My mom was 17 when she got knocked up by her ex boyfriend, I never met him but apparently he doesn't even know I exist

Anyways my grandma is a very holy women and was horrified when she found out her sweet little Madison Wes had done the deed before marriage so she kicked her out until the accident was 'taken care of', my mom knew she couldn't handle abortion so she stayed at her friend Carolines house until I was born.

I think I was with my mom for a year before I was given to an ophanage, my mom went back to a normal life and me?, I was left behind with just a picture of my mom and my dad although they probably look different now as this was when they were teenagers.

I've been told I look like her, I have her curly ash brown hair and freckles littering my rose tinted cheeks, I have my dads emerald green eyes and dimples that only appear when I smile.

I grew up in the ophanage, I think I was only adopted twice, both ended badly they wanted a smiley, hyper child, aka not me but what did they expect? I didn't know how to act in a family.

"ETHAN WAKE UP!!!" I sighed another day of being alive, another day of breathing.

I got out of my bed, I share a room with nine other boys, the girls have another room, to fit us all in we have bunk beds I sleep above a 17 year old named Kyle he has brown hair with blonde highlights, he's pretty mean but I don't take it personally, we're all going through some shit and deal with it differently.

The boy who woke me up was Isaac he's 10 and has blonde hair that sticks out everywhere and blue eyes, he's kinda annoying and is convinced his mom is coming back, I'm sure as hell not crushing his hope, it's kinda refreshing for at least someone to have hope in this place, even if it's hopeless, ironic right a hopeless hope.

I didn't feel like putting effort in today since it's the weekend so I pulled on some black sweatpants, a dark gray shirt, a black zip up hoodie unzipped and a dark grey beanie.

"Lazy day today eh Eth?" Karter asked, he's 17 and my best friend, he has short black hair and grey blue eyes, he was left here after his father died in a car crash 9 years ago, his mother is in a mental hospital, she's been there since he was 3 I don't know why and I won't ask, parents are a sensitive subject here obviously, today he seemed to have the same idea as me, he was wearing grey joggers, a white hoodie, and grey trainer's, I had black ones on.

"Yep, wanna go to the park later?" the park is our place when we need to relax, we bonded over fighting for a bench but ended up sharing it and talking for hours, he's basically my big brother and I'm his little brother, he's protective of me even though he knows I can hold my own.

"Yeah but only if you eat a little today" I nodded I have been diagnosed with anorexia nervosa since I was 10 and bulimia since I was 11, I have had to be tube fed 3 times I hated it and guess what my 4th time is tomorrow, I have been getting better and then worse for the past 6 years it's like a wave going up before crashing down.

Me and Karter headed downstairs, Mrs Weather is the one who cooks, lucky for us this isn't one of those stories where the staff at the ophanage are horrible, they're actually okay, they always have our best interests at heart even if they're annoying. Eggs, bacon, pancakes and fruit were on the menu today. I picked up a bowl and put three strawberries in it, one banana and half an orange. Before sitting next to Karter who had three pancakes covered in syrup and two pieces of bacon.

I slowly ate the strawberries, they were my favourite, I had four pieces of orange before I couldn't eat anymore. "Come on Eth just a little more?" Karter asked but I shook my head "I'm full" Mrs Weather sighed picking up my bowl.

"Are we still going to the park?" I asked "Yeah you still ate which is better than nothing" I smiled "You all know he just does this for attention right?" Marcel said he's 14 and definitely a least favourite among me and the others he had dyed purple hair and brown eyes "What dying for attention? he's not dumb you asshole" Julia said, she's a pretty nice girl she sa things as they are and doesn't talk about you behind your back, she has long black hair and dark blue eyes, she's 16.

"He can obviously eat it's not that hard right Ethan all you have to do is chew and swallow what's the big deal?" Marcel continues "You know some people have actual problems and you're just faking" I stood up "If I was faking I wouldn't be getting a fucking tube up my nose tomorrow asshole" I said before going upstairs all the way to the roof Mrs Weather has a beautiful garden up here and sat beside my favourite plants, the fire lilies, I was pissed off he has no right to act like he knows me he doesn't know shit about eating disorders or mental illness so he can just shut up and let me do what I want.

"Are you alright Ethan?" Mr Alexander asked he's my favourite care worker "Yeah I'm fine, Marcel's just being an ass" "Language even though I think you're right" I laughed "Are you ready for your hospital appointment tomorrow?" he asked sitting next to me "I guess, Karter said he'll come with me if that's okay" "Of course" I sighed looking at the birds flying above us.

"How's Emily?" I asked, she's his daughter that I like to think of as my little sister, she's 6 and has wavy black hair like Mr Alexander and brown eyes like his wife "She's good she was sad when I told her you were going to the hospital again, can she visit you after the appointment she wants to make sure I'm not lying that you're okay?" "Yeah I miss her" I smiled and Mr Alexander or Alex as I call him took my beanie so he could mess up my hair "Hey!" I laughed getting the hat back.

Not everybody has a perfect life but there is still some light left in mine like Emily, Karter and Alex, so why am I still so lonely is it selfish to want more?

Hope you enjoyed this chapter don't forget to vote and comment I love having constructive criticism to work with and also incorporating your ideas to make the story better Xoxo CarahFarrell💙

Xoxo CarahFarrell💙