two.

「 𝐣𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐲 」

𝐣𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐲

it could barely be called music, not when the only thing heard and felt was the intense pounding of bass in people's temples — which could also have been the start of the liquor making itself at home in their systems and bringing along headaches as their guests. jungkook was the deliverer of these headaches, sliding over glasses filled high with the liquids and decorated with salt rims and floating olives for some.

the night was still young, the biggest of their usual crowds yet to come and jungkook knew it would only get busier. he nodded at a man, sliding the glass over the counter top. he almost had the chance to strike up conversation with a girl that kept eyeing him, but that was cut short by someone else throwing themselves in front of his line of vision. "did you change your mind about those free drinks?" jin tried again.

jungkook rose an eyebrow, and he grunted a little seeing the girl turning to talk to someone else. "i'm about to charge you extra for being irritating." he said. jin wasn't bothered by that, not as he grinned and then threw his arms around the new male beside him.

"jungkook this is my friend i was telling you about." he held the other closer in a side hug, a similar big smile on his face too. "this is hoseok, and this is my other friend jungkook." jin introduced the two guys.

"can i get you anything?" jungkook has said that multiple times tonight already, the words sometimes left as habit at this point. hoseok grinned and smacked his palm against the bar counter, "hell yeah, serve me your strongest. i'll even pay for myself." it was a dig at his friend trying to get drunk for free. it even made jungkook chuckle quietly and then focus on their menu of strongest options.

the ravenette was there to serve drinks and not advice, which is why he didn't object to continuously filling the mans glass once they were downed rather quickly. jin didn't stop his friend either, not when he drinking about just as much as the other. they finally ditched the bar and set to dancing, arms flailing and hips swaying to the beat and surprisingly looking decent despite the alcohol in their systems.

jungkook wasn't the only one watching them, and his eyes didn't even last as long. while the bartender had to continue working, now turning to others and sending some fellow workers away with trays balancing glasses for waiting people.

the two others were standing close and eyeing the dancing drunks in the middle of the club dance floor. "god i want him." the younger of the two had said, palms against cold glass while he chewed on the end on the straw. "you've been saying that since graduation." his best friend rolled his eyes, a drink in his hands as well. "make a move already tae."

it wasn't their first time at the club, or their first time only coming because they knew something else would be here. taehyung had his teeth chewing anxiously on the straw and his eyes trained on the male his heart had been crushing on since sophomore year. his best friend only came along for moral support. "i'll take this," jimin said, grabbing the drink from the youngers hands, "and you go dance with him."

taehyung nodded, reaching up to fix his hair and arrange the soft tufts in a messy fashion that still looked good. "okay, i got this." he was trying to convince himself, walking closer to the attractive male moving his body so perfectly to every beat.

ever since sophomore year, taehyung had the fattest crush on the senior he shared a math class with. thanks to his luck at understanding the subject, taehyung was lucky enough to take an advanced class and allow him to stare at the beautiful man that was jung hoseok every other day from noon to 1:45 pm. maybe that's why he actually did bad in a math class, since he spent most of that time daydreaming about a handsome boy and their fantasy life where they lived happily together and endured no issues.

it's been three years, and even now taehyung realized as he walked across the dance floor that he still didn't have that confidence he needed. that's what had him suddenly shimmying to the left instead and avoiding hoseok as best as he could while beelining for the bar. jimin watched in disappointment and a lack of surprise.

"oh god." taehyung smacked his forehead with the palm of his hand once he was at the counter of the bar. soon he felt the coolness while he pressed his forehead against it, wondering how much of a fool he looked like. his answer came in the form of a somewhat raspy voice, paired with a raised eyebrow and dark eyes. "that was terrible." the man said.

taehyung looked up and saw it was the bartender, a bottle of bourbon in hand. "pour me some of that." he said.

"that was even more terrible." jungkook said, knowing very well the other was not old enough to order any liquor here. maybe a good id got him inside, plus the looks he had could have also helped. taehyung sat up and sighed, "cut me some slack man." he said.

jungkook didn't budge, not when something like that would cost him his job. "not a chance kid. come back when you're old enough."

"are you saying you want to see me again." if taehyung couldn't get a drink then he'd at least use his charm when he had the chance. maybe he could get something else instead.

"you'll be paying." jungkook filled a glass and served the lady that was waiting patiently. she stopped laughing at whatever one of her girlfriends was saying, just to take the glass and wink smoothly at the bartender. "so i'd be getting something out of it." he added at the end.

the other simply hummed and turned around to stare at his crush dancing around still. he knew hoseok and jin were just friends, nothing more. there was no jealousy seeping into his chest while they danced, not until another male joined them and clearly him and hoseok were a lot closer. it was shown in the way they now danced closer and had hands on each other, that beautiful bright smile on hoseoks face making a little gummy one show on the newcomer. that's what had taehyung feeling the jealousy hold onto him tight.

"want to get something out of it tonight?" taehyung said, turning to the bartender and blinking up at him through soft lashes. everything was there in his eyes, the innuendos and promises of what he'd bring tonight. jungkooks hand tightened on the bourbon bottle, glancing from the dance floor to the boy in front of him and not needing that many brain cells to tell this would just be a distraction.

it was a quick glance at his watch, checking the time and then nodding over to the other bartender working further down the counter. "i go on break in five." jungkook said.

"meet me in ten." taehyung tossed back quick, tapping the counter before wandering away and making it clear he was heading to the back hall where the bathrooms were.

jungkook watched until he couldn't anymore, staring down the males body as he walked and memorizing the way his hips moved with each step, a smooth sway that would catch anyone's attention. those ten minutes passed by so slowly, even more as the bartender checked his watch until his break was here and he could abandon everyone else that wasn't the pretty boy waiting for him.

────────────────────────