thirteen.

「 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 」

𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

there were times in someone's life where they knew that worse things could happen, but in that moment it always felt like the worst was going on. taehyung knew this, very well. just like everyone else, he's had his fair share of down times where everything seemed to be cast in a gray color and there was no life to the world when waking up.

that didn't change the fact that today got worse. the sun blinded him when he walked outside, feeling warm against in face and the birds sang like a hypnotizing lie as if things were okay. they really weren't.

"he told me he'd call you." jimin said once he had ketchup on his plate and a sad look in his eyes when he glanced over at his best friend.

taehyung frowned, but nodded anyways. "okay." he said. there was still a little disappointment in the word, wishing hoseok didn't leave so soon without saying goodbye. it was probably important, considering he had to go so soon.

"here," jimin held out his hand with a few fries on top, "share with me." he smiled.

the two sat at one of the picnic benches and shared the plate of fries. jimin started to idea of guessing which adults lived where, according to their clothes and attitudes. they're street was very divided, some being the main source of noise complaints and others coming from more religious parts and things like that.

"she's definitely a pastors wife." jimin said about a lady in a pastel blazer and skirt. it was a long skirt, and kind of looked like one of the tableclothes that ms. kim kept in the closet.

taehyung didn't want to giggle, not when they were purposely assuming things about people. but it was still funny.

"oh damn, now that's a piece of the city i'd like to know more about." jimins words had taehyungs head snapping up, the fries forgotten as he looked to where his best friend was staring.

the man was standing on the back porch, his weight on one leg while he looked around the backyard. his black hair was parted to the side, only one eye peeking out from the dark locks. it was equally dark as the clothes he wore, a black button down and tucked into slim fitted jeans that made it look more casual. the sun shone on him and made him look like some golden, dark angel.

jungkook looked good. taehyung couldn't lie about that and he couldn't attack jimin for thinking the same thing.

"who the hell is that." jimin wasn't hiding the interest, he never did when it came to attractive guys that caught his eyes.

"that's jungkook." taehyung said, trying to sound casual about it and reaching for another fry from the plate. the look on his best friends face was one of betrayal, "you didn't tell me he was that hot." jimin said, smacking the youngers arm.

taehyung ignored the flip in his stomach, a single mention of the name had all the memories coming back in a second. the most recent, not even an hour before in his kitchen and taehyung was ready to rip the mans clothes off and take him right there.

he had forgotten about hoseok so quick, which made taehyung feel even more sick. everything felt wrong, especially when things felt so right with two people.

"if you don't want that then please let me know." jimin was joking of course, but he did notice the lack of enthusiasm coming from the one beside him. "anyways," he coughed awkwardly, thinking hard to change the topic.

"i sucked his dick like twice."

"excuse me what-" jimin choked and started to cough, not expecting that at all. taehyung was someone to be that blunt, so the words came like a punch to the gut.

"take your time." taehyung ate another fry while his friend coughed up his lungs.

jimin stood up and put the plate on the table, reaching for a glass to fill with champagne. he didn't even care that some adults were watching and probably knew he was barely of age — he had like a few months left it was fine. "please tell me i heard that right." jimin said, sitting back down and looking right at his friend.

taehyung shrugged and focused more on playing with the fry rather than eating it. "i don't know how it happened." he said. "we just ended up messing around a few times." taehyung has thought about it multiple times. there was never really a plan when it came to jungkook, they somehow always ended up finding each other.

"how do you get everyone." jimin said.

"i don't have anyone." taehyung reminded him. last time he checked, he was sitting alone again.

jimin nudged the boy a little, only waiting for his friend to look over until speaking. "you have me. you know that." he said, that same sweet smile was always there, every comfort anyone needed expressed in a single look.

what made it better was how genuine it was. taehyung knew everything the boy said was true and close to his heart. jimin was like that, never one to hide or be anything else that wasn't the true him. it was hard to explain why no one scooped jimin up yet.

"thanks." taehyung said. it sounded short, but he moved closer to the blonde and smiled too when jimin laid his head on his best friends shoulder.

they were quiet, the hot sun was becoming less while it started to set. jimin continued to nibble on the fries and pouted a little when there was no more ketchup. he was too comfy to move, so he gave up on the food and looked around the backyard at the mingling bodies.

"i think she's into chicks." jimin pointed to a lady in jeans.

taehyung hiccuped and slapped a hand over his friends mouth. "you can't say that, why would you think that." he didn't want to laugh and encourage jimins behavior.

"she gives me no lesbian vibes, but it would be cool." jimin said honestly, looking up at his friend and grinning, "i made you laugh too."

"shut up." taehyung shoved him a little, but only because he was right. "my aunt is not a lesbian." he clarified, but jimin only giggled some more and wouldn't drop the idea.

taehyung let him ramble on, and it led to him saying they needed to watch the fosters again up until the point where the show started to suck. taehyung agreed, nodding and giggling along to the older boy.

he was always so keen on knowing when someone was staring at him, especially a certain pair of dark eyes. if only he'd known they'd been on him this whole time, and that they belonged to the person that started to miss taehyung once he got up and left with jimin — the two friends too busy sneaking food upstairs to even know.

────────────────────────