Chapter 9

A/N: Oook, I really cannot believe that it's been a year since I started to write KKAKK! *squeals in disbelief* I know it is most likely 17th at this point when this is coming out but... I really tried my best to do so. But in my final edit, I just had to pull in a few tough scenes onto myself and derail from the plan of posting two chapters *sighs*

But sincere thanks, I cannot say that enough, to the people who've stuck by me and this wonky update schedule and insane plot and rewrite. It is really been a pleasure to plot this even tho I am probably juggling a lot of fics at this point. Fingers crossed I will finish the rewrite before the end of the year. Things will be wonky till October cuz I have a few prompts and event weeks going on so... things should be smooth sailing after that.

Much to the surprise and delight of the people from the future, the group of cousins had really gotten along very well after the small and impromptu story session a month ago, so much so that they would probably go to the extent of calling them inseparable. Of course, there were arguments, there were fights but who said that there won't be any between cousins?

Today though, they were all upto some mischief, with Bhima convincing the twins, Kartik and Duryodhana to sneak into the kitchen and ask for a few things to have during their small picnic to the river, as suggested by the K duo. They had permission from everyone in the palace for their little adventure, and the only thing left was some food. Only... Kartik seemed to have other plans.

"Damn... I really need to learn to cook all this stuff... it looks really cool and... it is something from a dream" Kartik said, nearly drooling at the sight of the kitchen. It might not be as advanced as he was used to but... sometimes, cooking the rustic way always attracts Kartik.

"You cook?" Duryodhana asked incredulously.

"Oh, he does! But he tends to burn all our tongues in the process" Nakula commented.

"It is strange..." Duryodhana muttered to himself but helped Bhima raid the kitchen along with the others, taking care to just take enough for everyone. Kartik had quickly winked at Bhima before running around the place, grabbing some ingredients before dropping them off into the various dishes that were there left behind by them.

"What in the world are you doing?"

"Prank time!" Kartik cheekily replied as he dropped a spoon of jaggery into the spicy gravy before quickly taking everyone outside, lest they be blamed for the mishap that was about to happen.

The picnic in itself was a small and sweet affair between the 108 people, running around for a while before taking a dip in the river, having a small snack, playing around for some more before leaving for the palace as the sun started to set.

"It's time to leave... hey! Where is Bhima?" Kartik asked in concern.

"Brathashree was by the river the last I saw him... I think he was napping?" Vikarna said with a shrug.

"He probably had eaten too much and became drowsy," Nakula said with a grin, causing a domino of laughter among all of them.

"You do one thing, I have to collect some flowers that mother had asked for and on the way back, I will wake up Bhima and join you all. Will that be alright?"

"Yeah, sure! That sounds alright. We will meet you at the palace."

It was only halfway through the journey that it it struck them as to what exactly was going on-

"The poison!" they whispered in unified horror.

"You think Dury would... that too our Dury..."

"I don't know... there is a possibility that he could... better safe than sorry. Yudhi, you go ahead with them, we will catch up with you" Kartik said a bit louder.