Chapter Two

Walking past his secretary he continued towards Marinette's suite. Her door was ajar and he could see her moving around - was she dancing? Suddenly her voice broke into words, she was singing.

He loved listening to her sing, she'd always do it when she was baking or in the shower. Her voice was like a siren pulling him in to meet his fate. He walked forward in a trance and lent against the door frame with his arms crossed. His eyes trailed her perfectly formed body for the first time in a month. She looked divine.

Tikki stuck her head out of Marinette's bag and gave Adrien a wave. Plagg zoomed out along side Hugo to go and join her. The impact of the two additional kwami's knocked Marinette's bag off balance and it crashed down to the floor.

She turned around to pick it up only to see Adrien leaning against the doorframe. She squealed before running over to him and launching herself. Lucky for his quick cat like reactions he'd managed to stop them falling to the ground. She was hugging round his neck tight with her head buried deep in his collar bone. He wrapped his arms around her waist and walked her back into her room. Something about his smell made her pine for him.

"Hey, Princess."

"Hi, my Prince." Both smiled like idiots at each other not knowing what to do next. He placed her feet back onto the floor and slid his hands onto her hips.

"You look beautiful."

"You're looking handsome yourself. I love this blue on you." He smiled to himself at his good choice in suit colour.

"How's your first day going?" Adrien asked. He didn't want to be the one to break the hold, and he was stubborn enough to stay here all day if he had too.

"Not too bad. I seem to remember what to do so that's a positive, and I get to see you." She pushed him away by the nose and turned back to the dress at hand. He watched her work for a bit and smiled as she scrunched up her nose thinking what to do next. "You must have better things to do Monsieur Agreste, than to sit and watch me pin."

"I have things to do," Adrien said, "they're just not better." He smiled a wide Chat smile at her and she started to laugh. "I'm going, I promise." He said as he stood up
from her desk chair. "Perhaps I can catch you before you leave this evening?"

"I'll wait for you by the elevators." She walked over to him, stretched on her toes and placed a kiss on his cheek. "I'm really happy to see you, Adrien."

"Me too." He takes her hand and kisses the back of it. "I'll catch you later." He walked out the room and into his, as Marinette sat down, she smiled. Quickly reaching for her bag, she grabbed her phone and sent a text to her bff.

Mari: He's so gorgeous and perfect, Alya! What should I do? Do you think he would still want to be with me?

Alya: Woah! Slow down a bit girl. We all know model boy is pretty but I think you need to get to know him again. You need to make sure you feel comfortable.

Mari: I'm sure he could make me feel comfortable ... and a lot more things 😜 but I know your right. I'm meeting up with him later, perhaps he'll ask me out on a date 🤞🏻

Alya: Just don't get your hopes up too much. He's a sweetheart and won't want to push you into anything too soon, he may be a little slow, but Mari please know he'd never want to be with anyone else.

A sweetheart he is, Marinette thought. She didn't know how she got so lucky the first time but she was determined to be just as lucky a second time.

————————————————

Adrien packed everything up in his office ready to leave after a tiring day. Plagg was currently asleep in Adrien's jacket whilst Hugo was snoring in his hair. As strange as they were he had so much affection for his kwami's, they were his family. Lifting Hugo gently off his head he placed the little kwami into his briefcase.