Chapter Twenty-Three

Ladybug and Chat Noir landed on the roof of the Louvre Museum. As they looked down below them they could see a new exhibition moving in. Within a matter of minutes Carapace and Rena Rouge had joined the two loved up heroes.

"Whats the plan then Bug?" Carapace was straight to the point. They hadn't got a lot of time and they knew this. Whatever they were going to do they needed to do now. They needed to act fast.

After the previous night, Adrien had spent the evening holding Marinette and apologising. Yet she never said anything. She was fine. He knew she was fine but still, that didn't stop him thinking he'd over stepped the boundaries. Marinette did not know how to make him stop the apologising, how to show he she was fine. There was no way they were going into battle with this hanging between the two of them. So she did the only thing she could think of. She made love to him. She let his body feel every inch of love and devotion she had for him.

They left that morning with smiles on their faces and happy that they were in this together. Them against the world.

"We need to figure out what's in the exhibit. I'm sure this is based on Set and his continuous battles with Horus. There was talk about an ancient sceptre being part of the display, and that with the correct incantation it could open the portal to the underworld, therefore either banishing evil to their home or releasing hell on the city of Paris." Ladybug reeled off the information that she knew.

Hugo had spoken to both Ladybug and Chat Noir, explaining to them that he could most likely read the manuscript as long they could find it before Set did. If they were second to the scroll there was a chance they may not be able to defeat what Set would unleash amongst the world.

The two male heroes moved over to one side of the Louvre museum whilst the girls took the opposite, each keeping a close eye on the movements below.

"So?" Alya mentioned.

"So?" Marinette replied.

"You can't just leave it at that! What's with your two?" Alya was curious. She knew they were over each other most of the time but this was more than she had seen. Anyone would think they were love sick teenagers.

"Nothing more than usual. Honestly, this is normal for us." Alya hung her mouth open. How could anyone act the way these two did? Alya realised she'd missed a lot.

"I'm sorry about everything with Lila."

"Seriously Rena, don't worry about it. She's easy to believe. Just thank you for coming back to us. How's everything with you and Carapace?" It struck Alya how professional Marinette always was when she was transformed. Same as Chat. They were perfect when it came to their professional jobs; not letting anything get in the way of their business.

"We're good, thank you. I think we're going to move into the house together once this is all over and done with." Ladybug turned to look at her friend. That would be good for her. That would be good for all of them. With Adrien remaining alone in the penthouse she had no doubts she'd live there with him. The thought made her smile.

Meanwhile on the other side of the Louvre the guys were keeping a close eye on what was being moved in and out the museum.

"What do you think we're looking for exactly?" Carapace asked.

"I'm starting to think it's not a what, but a who." Chat Noir pulled out his baton and extended it so he could use it as a telescope. So far he could only see workers moving in and out, and for some reason he was sure it wasn't a worker he was looking for.

"Do you ever wish you were a different animal?" Chat looked over at Carapace confused.

"No not really. I might be a cat but I get to destroy things. That's pretty cool."